Sign in to follow this  
SocialTaber

Rudder Trim keeps turning left and right

1 hour ago, SocialTaber said:

Every time i land with the Airbus320 the pedals keep turning left and right, it doesn't happen in other planes i'm flying...

I don't fly the A320, but I wonder what automation (autopilot, autobrake,  autothrottle, etc) you have on when you land.  It seems like something is trying to keep the a/c on the runway centerline after you touch down.

Al

Edited by ark

5 minutes ago, ark said:

I don't fly the A320, but I wonder what automation (autopilot, autobrake,  autothrottle, etc) do you have on when you land? It seems like something is trying to keep the a/c on the runway centerline after you touch down.

Al

I use, Autothrottle, and autopilot

1 hour ago, SocialTaber said:

I use, Autothrottle, and autopilot

You should not be landing with autopilot on. If landing (not going around) you would typically turn the AP off at minimums at the latest. The only situation I can think of for leaving the AP on when landing would be for something like a CAT III (blind zero zero) landing. For a more typical CAT 1 ILS or RNAV LPV approach, the AP should be off at minimums.

If you have been leaving the AP on when landing, it may be that the AP is still trying to hold the localizer when on the runway, thus the rudder pedal movement you described. I don't understand your mention in the thread title regarding rudder TRIM, however.

I don't fly airliners so not completely sure what to say about the autothrottle in the A320, but would expect they would be retarded no later than about at flare height.

Al

Edited by ark

My pedals would return to neutral when i try to use them no matter what aircraft. All of a sudden the throttle would open up fully. When trimming up/down the trimwheel, like the rudderpedals, would immidiately return to its neutral position. All on its own, MSFS totally useless for a couple days..... 🤬

Took some time to realize it might be the co-pilot AI playing tricks on me so i kicked him/her off the plane. Didn't make any difference...

Then, finally, i was informed that Asobo, in their infinite wisdom, thought it was a good idea to change the default Assistance mode to 'Easy' ..... 

So you might have a look there.....  😎 

Jan

14 hours ago, Javiz said:

My pedals would return to neutral when i try to use them no matter what aircraft. All of a sudden the throttle would open up fully. When trimming up/down the trimwheel, like the rudderpedals, would immidiately return to its neutral position. All on its own, MSFS totally useless for a couple days..... 🤬

Took some time to realize it might be the co-pilot AI playing tricks on me so i kicked him/her off the plane. Didn't make any difference...

Then, finally, i was informed that Asobo, in their infinite wisdom, thought it was a good idea to change the default Assistance mode to 'Easy' ..... 

So you might have a look there.....  😎 

i'll do that, thank you very much 🙂

On short final, all autos, throttle and AP should be off. Never on when about to touch down, unless you have CAT 3 set up. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png