Sign in to follow this  
surfcandy

New to Garmin 530 and confused

I am new to this and have read alot of forum posts and many of the posts are a bit above my pay grade and confusing. Here is my problem I have Little Nav Map which is fantastic. I enter a F-Plan I get no errors. I load up Prepare v5 and the A2A Bonanza with the RealityXP 530. All is good so far. I go to Flight Plan in the 530 and load my correctly saved Flight Plan (from the correct format and location) and it loads fine no errors all is still good. Now this is where I am having alot of "what am I missing" for hours. I can't get the flight plan to load up on the screen so I can fly it with my autopilot. I tried clicking everywhere and read through Flight planning in the 530 and Little Nav Map pdfs. Searched the forums and Youtube. I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated. I entered all the departure legs in the FP. Do I have to enter the departing airport and arrival in the 530? That would be no good since I have the most recent FP information loaded in Little Nav Map.

Well I sorted some of the flight plan issues. Now I have to figure out how much RealtyXP 530/430 are or are not in line with Navigraph. I am importing flight plans from Little Nav Map which I believe are up to date with Navigraph. I'll have to pull out my Navigraph charts.

Edited by surfcandy

On 1/14/2022 at 7:26 PM, surfcandy said:

Now I have to figure out how much RealtyXP 530/430 are or are not in line with Navigraph.

The Garmin nav database is of 2015/2016 vintage.. check the unit at startup.. it will tell you.

If you require newer navdata, send me a PM.

• Like 1

Bert