Sign in to follow this  
redjr

Main AAO Screen?

This is probably a very elemental question... Is AAO suppose to load the default FS device settings once FS loads.  And then if the user wants to change those for the loaded aircraft they can do so interactively and then those settings saved as a profile?  

11 minutes ago, redjr said:

This is probably a very elemental question... Is AAO suppose to load the default FS device settings once FS loads.  And then if the user wants to change those for the loaded aircraft they can do so interactively and then those settings saved as a profile?  

No. AAO has nothing whatsoever to do with the controller settings in the simulator. It is a complete separate and external application.

In fact, you have to make sure that you don't assign the same controls in AAO and in the simulator at the same time. AAO doesn't override the sim, you can use both options in parallel (just not for the exact same "thing"). The reason is, that especially with MSFS not everything can be controlled from the outside (many of the default events from the SDK don't do anything, especially those for camera control), so it is better to have both options.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Ok.  I clearly have more reading to do.  🙂  I'm trying to get AAO's Streamdeck plugin and some SD profiles working together.  I thought I had it figured out earlier today, and then tried loading/running LeaflitMap, even assigning the 9080 port.  I got the little map to load properly once and no more.  That's when I discovered, my Beech G36 SD profile no longer loaded the multigauge buttons.  I'll try again later with a fresher/clearer head.  🙂