Sign in to follow this  
Iceking007

Trying to catch up to the times...

Hello, 

So I dusted off the simulator finally, and finally installed my Ruscool RNS530.  I went and purchased the Reality XP GNS530 & 430 software and installed it. 

My simulator is still running Windows XP and FS9; is there any way I can get the GNS software to work in my setup, I'm willing to manually do all the grind work... I have already attempted manually editing the .xml files to omit the (x86) from program files pathways but I'm still missing some steps as it's not working. 

When I right click on FS I see the Reality XP gauge option, however a expected if I click on it nothing really seems to happen. 

I would appreciate any assistance.  My never computer does run Windows 7 64 bit, but I was hoping to stick with my original simulator; I can't even get onto Vatsim anymore...

Thank you. 

(I'm also hoping to purchase Wx500 and some gauges, but those were older 2.xx ecommerce programs so I was not able to purchase and download them on the simulator)

Here's where I'm at and what I'm trying to accomplish...

I used both the Ruscool and Reality XP installers to install what they could, I believe they both ended with errors, but file where placed about, so 70% complete?!

I manually moved some files to FS9 gauges directory. 

I've moved a couple Ruscool files to folders specified in the instructions (one folder I created "... Reality XP\Common\Settings" for the .ini file)

Manually edited one a/c panel.cfg file to the best of my ability (I used gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS530, -29,-12,155,150

Garmin software works perfectly fine, I seem to have a couple instances/ locations of this; one I installed years ago to play with, the new one installed with Reality XP installer; Everton works there.  The Sim seems to attempt to load it, I get a window when voting with that panel.cfg file activated for "Reality XP GNS Simulator" but that crashes/ errors

This message:

Reality XP GNS Simulator

A debugger has been found running in your system. 

Please, unload it from memory and restart your program. 

I'm hoping someone out there is willing to assist. 

Thank you very much. 

Hi,

First things first. Are you sure you're using FS9 v9.1  and not v9.0 ?

-> You can cross check this: right click the fs9.exe file > Properties > Details  and lookup the full version number.

As for the popup message, it means there is a debugger attached to your FS9 session. Are you actually running a debugging session?

-> If not, this means there is an add-on of some sort, or maybe you're using a launcher of some sort, which is using debugging mechanism and injected in the FS9 process.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello, 

Yes, after looking at many forum posts I saw that the version number was important; I looked and verified that mine is indeed updated to 9.1, I'm using the factory D4, I can even see the update files in the directory. 

I - am not running a "debugger", if I were I'd certainly ten it off due to the message.  I'm not sure what a debugger even is or why it's running, other than the name as implied.  I have absolutely no clue how to find what's running and stop it. 

I am running a licensed version of FSUIPC, software from Saitek, CH, Proflight, two sound cards, two video cards, MSFS, and all the default Windows XP stuff. 

I did see in one of the Reality XP folders some sort of Debugger, it's in the other gauges not the GNS.  There's files and folders all over the place for Reality XP and Ruscool, it's a bit annoying and frustrating, especially trying to track down what needs to be where and moving things to test. 

Are you able to help me with what needs to be where and what needs to be typed in the configuration and initiation files and where those all need to be; I feel like something is missing or not where it's supposed to be located. 

Thank you. 

P.S. I'm also wanting to purchase the Wx500 and some gauges, but the e-commerce software doesn't work from my Sim, I'm going to try again, it might be the TLS security 1.2 thing; hopefully I can fix that and get those downloaded and working. 

I should probably also mention, that the right click 'configuration' menu is there in FS, however when I click it nothing happens.  This is undoubtedly due to the fact that it's not supported to run on Windows XP, that's why I'm trying hard to implement the gauges manually; but thought it was worth the mention. 

(It might be due to missing files or the like as well, it seems to want to do something, but nothing really happens that I can see)

Thank you. 

Alright, a long overdue update...

I have the following files and their locations:

C:\Program Files\Reality XP\Gauges\Debug\rxpGpsDebug\variables.xml

...\Debug\add-on.xml

...\Gauges\GPS Annunciation\add-on.xml

...\GPS Annunciation\rxpGpsAnnun (readme).rtf

...\GPS Annunciation\rxpGpsAnnun.cab

...\Reality XP\GNS Simulation\FltSim\ :

...\FltSim\32\add-on.xml

...\FltSim\32\rxpGNS2.dll

...\FltSim\32\rxpGNS2_menu.dll

...\FltSim\32\rxpSimCon32.dll

...\FltSim\64\ Nothing on my system is 64 bit, same file names as the 32 folder

...\FltSim\bin\rxpGnsSim32.dll

...\FltSim\bin\rxpGnsSim64.dll

...\FltSim\modeldef (RealityXP GNS V2).xml

...\FltSim\readme.rtfReality XP GNS V2 User's Manual (FltSim).pdf

...\FltSim\rxpfsxml.exeRXPGNS2.rxp

...\FltSim\unins000.dat

...\FltSim\unins000.exe

C:\Program Files\Ruscool Electronics Ltd\Ruscool RNS530\FSUIPCClient.dll & RNS 530.exe

C:\Doc & Set\'User Name'\App Data\Ruscool\RNS530\KeyCodes.xls & rns530_config.cfg

C:\Doc & Set\All Users\App Data\Reality XP\Common\GnsTrainer\checklists

...\GnsTrainer\dbfiles

...\GnsTrainer\flightplans

...\GnsTrainer\GNS400W-500WSeriesTrainerLite_330

...\GnsTrainer\checklists.zip

...\GnsTrainer\flightplans.zip

...\GnsTrainer\FlightPlanv1.xsd

...\GnsTrainer\GNS400WSeriesTrainerLite_330.zip

...\Common\Settings\RXPGNS.INI

...\Reality XP\Drivers\PFC\PFCHidReports32.dll

...\Reality XP\RXPGNS2.rxp

...\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim32.dll

...\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim64.dll

...\Reality XP\rxpGnsSim.dll

...\Reality XP\WinSparkle.dll

D:\'MSFS2004'\Gauges\rxpGNS2.gau         (I manually copied and moved this file)

D:\'MSFS2004'\AC\panel\ cfg file:

Changed    -     [window02]

size same

window size same

position same

BACKGROUND colour same

VISIBLE same

》gauge00=rxpGNS2!GNS530,     -29,-12,155,150

{entered that manually}

That's everything I know of,  typed on my phone - sorry if the format is no good. 

Please try and help; I'm going to try and get VATSIM working as well; not having much luck anymore. 

Thank you. 

I'm currently playing around with getting my Ruscool RNS530 hardware working through FSUIPC to work with the stock fs9 gps system.  In doing that I'm also trying to get Reality XP to work.  I subsequently copied the "settings\32" folder .dll files into the D:\fs2004\modules folder (I saw in some documents that the program should come up in the modules menu, just as FSUIPC.  So I found where my system FSUIPC files where stored and then tried to interpret; it seems one of the files was there but I moved more of them from the 32 and bin folders.).

Anyways, on FS startup I got the same error I once had... something about a debugger and then after that message I got this one:

ERROR - FS9

Flight Simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.  You can continue using Flight Simulator but this aircraft or software will be disabled. 

File: rxpGNS2.dll

Humph, will this rabbit hole ever end?!  And what the heck is that debugger error and how do I stop all of this and fix it. 

(I realize most people's Dolton is to buy a new computer, with a new operating system, with a new MSFS, but I just don't have $3,000+ to spend on that right now; I need a practical solution for what I currently have)

Thank you ever so much, I'm sorry if I'm a little frustrated, I sincerely appreciate ALL the help!

Update:

Clicked okay on that, got the error bong sound, then everything seems frozen.   Look at the Taskbar and I have "two" fs windows "open".  One is the ordinary FS program, the other is Reality XP GNS Simulator, which is a small box but grayed out and empty 'Not Responding'.

Okay, so now I systematically deleted the just added .dll files, as I started fs9 they sustenance errored, I deleted each one until I'm left with the rxpGNS2_menu. dll; no error with that.  However it's still not listed in my modules menu. 

Edited by Iceking007
Additional information added.

Okay so here's a brief update...

I was unable to figure this out on my own.  I started writing a Lua script to use the Ruscool RNS 530 hardware, interfacing through fsuipc, to control the stock GPS 500.

I have recently bought a used pc and booted it with Windows 7 64 bit, it took me 4 days to get fs up and running, now I spent the last couple days installing the RealityXP Gns530 and I'm pretty happy so far.  I also took the time to install the SPAD drivers, the customization is very nice to have, wish I knew about that years ago.