Sign in to follow this  
F4RIO

Using Lorby Addon Organizer To Restore Corrupted add-on.cfg

Greetings,

On my P3DV5.1 installation, the file C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg became corrupted, and I had no recent backup. I have partially restored it with help form ORBX support, but I have many Aerosoft (and possibly others) aircraft and scenery add-on which remain 'disconnected' from P3D.

I am new to the LAO, but from the documentation and the exploring the program its appears that I should be able to 'reconnect' these addons rather than uninstalling/reinstalling. them all.

Is my assumption correct?

Thanks

Eric Dziura

1 hour ago, F4RIO said:

Is my assumption correct?

Not sure if that is what you mean, but you can point the app at an existing add-on.xml and it will bring the package back into P3D. Or you can create additional DiscoveryPaths, so P3D finds the Packages automatically (depends on how they have been installed though)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Not sure if that is what you mean, but you can point the app at an existing add-on.xml and it will bring the package back into P3D. Or you can create additional DiscoveryPaths, so P3D finds the Packages automatically (depends on how they have been installed though)

What I mean is: Given that I have an Aerosoft scenery installed here

C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Ben Gurion V5 (this directory contains an add-on.xml file for this scenery)

but it does not appear in P3D because this file

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg

was corrupted (but has been fixed, but is missing many entries), how do I use LAO to force P3D to load with this scenery so that its available for use in P3D?

Eric Dziura

29 minutes ago, F4RIO said:

how do I use LAO to force P3D to load with this scenery so that its available for use in P3D?

You go to the "Packages" tab, click on "Add". This opens an Explorer window that you use to navigate to the "C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Ben Gurion V5\add-on.xml", so you can select it (doubleclick the file)

You will get a message "Package has been added", that you confirm. Then the "Save" button in P4AO turns red, because you are supposed to save your changes. You don't have to save right away, you can continue adding packages, but you have to save at some point. The app will remind you before you can close it.

Be mindful that there is a second add-ons.cfg file in the P3D folder in AppData\Roaming. This contains all packages that P3D discovered automatically. Don't create duplicates!

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Many thanks; the procedure worked.

Now, a second question (hopefully the last for awhile):

Given that I have an Aerosoft aircraft installed here

C:\Users\myname\Documents\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5 (this directory contains an add-on.xml file for this scenery)

but it does not appear in P3D, what is the P4AO procedure for getting this work? Same as for the previous case?

Thank you

Eric Dziura

13 hours ago, F4RIO said:

Same as for the previous case?

Same for all packages. It doesn't matter what type of addon it is.

LORBY-SI