Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

PMDG 777 with Radar Contact.

Hi Ray,

.I purchased the PMDG 777 plus expansion packs about a week or so ago and i have had nothing but issues with the PMDG 777 and Radar Contact.I know that you need to have the VHF and mic activated for it to work from previous versions of the 777.

First flight was Munich to Heathrow and RC abandoned me over Switerland i was still in contact with ATC from there upon landing at Healthrow,but was not passed on to other ATC.I then did the same flight in the PMDG 737NGXu,same route no issues for the whole flight.

Second flight was Lisbon to Gatwick again in the 777,this time i heard nothing from ATC for the whole flight after getting the message,contact departure.I then did the same flight route etc in the Aerosoft Airbus A330 again flawless flight no issues at all.

Third flight was Heathrow to Dublin(777) this time i couldnt even get RC to work,trying to get the ATIS nothing,trying to contact ground etc nothing even though i was pressing the buttons.I then jumped into the QW787 same flight and RC started with no issues and worked for the whole flight.

Fourth Flight,by this time i know the problem is with the 777 so im trying everything to correct it,was from Reykjavik to Gatwick couldnt contact ATIS but somehow managed to contact clearance,by this time im just trying to problem solve and not enjoying the flying.I jumped out of the 777 and tryed the Aerosoft Airbus A320 no issues at all got the ATIS and contacted clearance,so back into the 777 this time nothing no ATIS,no clearance just silence,i loaded the A320 back in and the whole flight completed no problems.

Fifth flight this morning Heathrow to Miami,loaded in the 777 hoping for a miricle but sadly nothing again total silence,so i loaded in the QW787,ATIS,clearance,gound no problem.

I was hoping you maybe able to shed any light on the problem,sometimes it starts then abandons me,sometime it would even start,all flights have been tryed with different aircraft and RC works without any hiccups.I think its the 777 which is sad because it is a great aircraft with the addon packages,but in my experiance it wont work with RC.

With Thanks

Gary Jones.

Gary,

It sounds like you have a key clash with the 777 and RC4. That is the only logical deduction given this is the first time I've heard of problems with a PMDG aircraft and RC4.

What keys do you use in RC4? Post a screenshot of your key commands please. And then check the PMDG documentation for clashes.

I use CTRL+Shift+n for the majority of RC4 commands and that presents no problem. n represents a number from 1 to 9.

If you want to check RC4 is fine with your aircraft hand all comms over to the co-pilot using the key strokes for that action.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

The issue is now resolved,it was a bad or corrupt install of the 777 there was a problem with the radio stack and some frequencies where miising,the ones i was trying to tune ,hence the silence,i just did a complete reinstall of the aircraft and expansions and now the issue is fixed,thanks for your help as always.

Gary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

That’s good to hear Gary. Enjoy your RC flights. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather