Sign in to follow this  
DLH7LA

dbase cargo errors

Hey, I was just wondering why some live aircraft where not matched with the correct installed textures (WGN 744 in my case) and I found out, that in the dbase file there seems to be some false info about cargo aircraft.

In the case of WGN (its a solely cargo operator) its for the regs N258SN, N415JN, N452SN, N513SN, N543JN, N545JN, N581JN, N781SN, N799JN.

With the "MissedLiveries" I found some more errors, Amerijet is also a cargo only operator and the following regs are incorrectly marked: N319CM, N349CM, N378CX, N396CM, N432AX, N656GT, N657GT, N743AX, G-NIKO (which is acutally operated by ZAP but flying for AJT at the moment). VTM is also a cargo operator and all aircraft are marked as cargo=false.

On a sidenote, what was the reason you removed the airport file changes and parking logs? It always helped me to identify incorrect matches and keep track of the airport files (soft entries where they dont belong, when airlines changed terminals etc)...

Best regards!

EDIT: Found some more: N797AX, N916BR, N811TJ (completly missing). And worngly saved as cargo but is pax instead: N263SG, N322SG, N480MC, N640GT, N641GT (completly missing), N645GT, N649GT (and wrong airl=CMB instead of GTI), N662GT (CMB again), N625AS, N626AS

EDIT2: And some more: AAH, AIP, MGE, TSU, IFL, KII, MTN, JUS, WIG (and seems to be missing all C208s), all seem to be cargo only, some had pax configs but are not flying them anymore according planespotters.net

🙂

Edited by DLH7LA

20 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

N811TJ (completly missing).

First of all, thx for all information!, especially these codes of cargo operators.

I have updated dbase.xml, and PSXT, which contains a list of  full cargo operators. 

Note that I do not claim to be complete. This part of dbase.xml is updated regularly  by a  special  "crawler"  version of Learner. It continuously searches RealTraffic for new entries by jumping to another airport every 15 seconds and searching the full range offered by RT. So this N811TJ is not yet encounterd flying in real live while my crawler was around. But if it is still operating, it will be discovered someday.

20 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

On a sidenote, what was the reason you removed the airport file changes and parking logs? It always helped me to identify incorrect matches and keep track of the airport files (soft entries where they dont belong, when airlines changed terminals etc)...

Soft entries are by nature not at places where they belong. It only meants that that airline with that type of aircraft visited the airport at that hour of the day. The gate is just a weighted (based of afcad and live info) guess. You can still look into the airport file and make changes.

I removed these parts to simplify my program. I'd like to keep it around 1 Mb of code in order to make it possible that it will run in the cpu cache completely.  I'm working on another VERY interesting new feature for PSXT that will also cost code. Furthermore I got maybe one or two questions about park and apf logs, so it looks to me people are not that interested. But if more people support your wish I might consider putting it back. But first I'll continue with my new feature....

Again thanks for your 'heads up'.

Nico

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Note that I do not claim to be complete. This part of dbase.xml is updated regularly  by a  special  "crawler"  version of Learner. It continuously searches RealTraffic for new entries by jumping to another airport every 15 seconds and searching the full range offered by RT. So this N811TJ is not yet encounterd flying in real live while my crawler was around. But if it is still operating, it will be discovered someday.

Thanks for that info, I thought it must be something like this 🙂. That explains why sometimes there are many missing, especially if they only fly in super remote areas. I (and hopefully others as well) will report back when I find some more fixes!

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Soft entries are by nature not at places where they belong. It only meants that that airline with that type of aircraft visited the airport at that hour of the day. The gate is just a weighted (based of afcad and live info) guess. You can still look into the airport file and make changes.

Im totally aware of this and it surely helps to populate the parked updates, unfortunatly most addon AFCADs are quite simple or just to old to give accurate data for PSXT... Searching the whole airport file makes it a lot more complicated instead of just checking the LOG after a flight. But this is just a problem for "fresh" airportfiles, usually they fill up pretty fast with real positions so the soft entries do not play a big role.

1 hour ago, kiek said:

I removed these parts to simplify my program. I'd like to keep it around 1 Mb of code in order to make it possible that it will run in the cpu cache completely.  I'm working on another VERY interesting new feature for PSXT that will also cost code. Furthermore I got maybe one or two questions about park and apf logs, so it looks to me people are not that interested. But if more people support your wish I might consider putting it back. But first I'll continue with my new feature....

I have realized that I am one of the few that try to optimize PSXT to a different level then most other users 😄 For now I will stick to 30.2 until your VERY interesting feature will be released. I know of some people that use PSXT next to VATSIM to mainly populate the airports with parked aircraft for the immersion, but I am not aware on how extensive they use(d) the logs. On the other hand my "transition" to AIG is basically complete so not much finetuning is required anymore, I should be able to live without the parking logs soon.

Keep up the good work!