Sign in to follow this  
Atistheso

FO repeating things in a loop

Hi, I just started using FS2crew and I love it, except for a couple issues. One of them is the first officer that sometimes bugs out and starts repeating the same thing over and over, usually for a few seconds. It can be something like "check check check check check..." or quite often he goes right back to restarting a checklist when we just finished it. I don't remember checking a "FO with Alzheimer" in the options 😆

For info I just installed everything from scratch yesterday on a new computer so I have the latest versions.

Ok for this one it seems like it's mostly an issue the open microphone picking up the FO response and interpreting them as commands. One of the most common was "ready" that was interpreted as the command "Ready ?" triggering another ready etc...

Same wi the "Before start checklist complete" interpreted as the command "before start checklist" end thus restarting the checklist in a loop. It looks like I will have to wear my headphones to avoid this kind of issues

We generally recommend "not" using Open Mic Mode unless for some reason you have to.

When you have an open mic, the speech system "hears everything" that goes in the mic, and it can be flooded especially if there is a lot of ambient background noise.

We generally recommend using "Push To Talk" mode, but I know for some people they prefer Open Mic Mode.

If using Open Mic mode, we suggest engaging Hard mute if you won't be talking for a long period of time.