Sign in to follow this  
Atistheso

UI and resizing

Hi. Another problem I'm havingwith FS2crew is about the UI and the resizing option. When I go to "options" and try to resize windows with the slider, all it does is resize the text in them (making it ridiculously big). Only when I quit the options window it will resize the main window. But that makes the experience poor and it's difficult figure out the size you want on the first try. But at least here you eventually get the window resized. However for the checklist pdf page, I haven't found a way to resize it yet. When I play with the slider all it does it make the title bigger. Even if I close and restart the window it remains tiny. This one is really a problem as this checklist page is ridiculously small by default and I have to be standing 2 inches from the computer to be able to read it.

I'm using the latest version fo the software (installed yesterday). I'm also using multiple monitors with different resolutions and scale factors.

4 hours ago, Atistheso said:

Adding a video to illustrate the issue https://youtu.be/OAVry5XxiPw

Thanks for the video.  It should also auto-expand the size of the form.  At least it did in the past unless it got broken in an update.  We'll check it out.

I can confirm that the Checklist resizing was broken by update 1.1.16. I updated yesterday and since then it was broken, only resizes the word Checklist.

Reinier Nieuwboer

On 2/1/2022 at 3:25 PM, byork said:

We're fixing it now.  An update will be available via the Product Manager.

Thanks. I just tried the new update. The resize is a bit buggy now but it works.

Here is a video of the current behavior on my PC : 

5 minutes ago, byork said:

How is that buggy?

Well the animation is a bit weird, kind of shaking when you move the slider. If you go frame by frame you can see some weird stuff like the title bar and other parts of the form completely disappearing at times.

But it's really not a big deal. Once it's resized you don't need to mess with the slider anymore