Sign in to follow this  
Atistheso

FO bailing on me when using 2x PFE speed

So I just encountered this weird bug today and it repeats every flight even after restarting bother MSFS and FS2Crew :

When I start the PFE with the "2x PFE speed" option activated, the FO will start doing his flow as usual, then after a few minutes I will hear "I'm back from the from the walkaround, everything fine" or something like that. I gotta mention that up until that point the FO had never spoken to me and never told me he had left. Anyway 10 seconds later I can hear "OK I'm off for the walkaround"... I thought you were just back ??? Anyway if he wants to double check that's fine with me. What is not fine though is that he never comes back ... After that the PFE will continue as usual with the cabin crew asking me about boarding etc, except for the FO that will never come back and therefore never respond to any command for briefing or anything else.

When I disable 2x PFE speed I do not get this issue anymore so the bug has to do with this option.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, Atistheso said:

So I just encountered this weird bug today and it repeats every flight even after restarting bother MSFS and FS2Crew :

When I start the PFE with the "2x PFE speed" option activated, the FO will start doing his flow as usual, then after a few minutes I will hear "I'm back from the from the walkaround, everything fine" or something like that. I gotta mention that up until that point the FO had never spoken to me and never told me he had left. Anyway 10 seconds later I can hear "OK I'm off for the walkaround"... I thought you were just back ??? Anyway if he wants to double check that's fine with me. What is not fine though is that he never comes back ... After that the PFE will continue as usual with the cabin crew asking me about boarding etc, except for the FO that will never come back and therefore never respond to any command for briefing or anything else.

When I disable 2x PFE speed I do not get this issue anymore so the bug has to do with this option.

Can you take a screenshot of all your FS2Crew FBW Settings window?, also, do you click on the PreFlight button to advance it, with the x2 PFE option enabled?. Just asking, because I  can't reproduce the behaivor described. Also a video, showing it would help a lot.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

On 2/1/2022 at 10:17 PM, Manuel82 said:

Can you take a screenshot of all your FS2Crew FBW Settings window?, also, do you click on the PreFlight button to advance it, with the x2 PFE option enabled?. Just asking, because I  can't reproduce the behaivor described. Also a video, showing it would help a lot.

Cheers,

Manuel

Of course. I just tried again before and after updating FS2Crew and I still get the same bug.

Here are my settings :

settings.png

And here is a video of the issue :

Thanks By the screenshot and the video, I'll try with your settings and check if I can reproduce. But from the video, It catched my eye that the FO prelim flow takes longer, since it's taking longer, the Preflight clock still advances and at minute 25, the FO comes back while the FO prelim flow is still running, this prelim flow should finish before minute 25. That might explain why its happening. But I'm not sure why its taking so long.

What's the FBW aircraft version you have? Experimental or Development?

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

Yeah I think you're on the right track. I obviously don't have access to the code but it looks like the "FO leaving for walkaround" event is triggered when the flow is finished, while the "FO comming back from walkaround" event is triggered at a designated time. Thus allowing the possibility of these events happening in the wrong order, which in turn set the whole program in a disfunctionnal state. That said I have no idea what is slowing down the FO's flow either 🤨.

Also I'm using the latest experimental version for the A32NX.

3 hours ago, Atistheso said:

Also I'm using the latest experimental version for the A32NX.

I think here is the issue, you must use the "Development" edition of the A32NX, in order to make it work properly. Try using the "Development" version and report back.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

I think here is the issue, you must use the "Development" edition of the A32NX, in order to make it work properly. Try using the "Development" version and report back.

Cheers,

Manuel

No that's not it. I just tried the development version of the A32NX and I still have the exact same problem

On 2/3/2022 at 10:16 AM, Atistheso said:

No that's not it. I just tried the development version of the A32NX and I still have the exact same problem

Okay, after trying it, I was able to reproduce your issue, and i think I found where is the issue. I'm trying to do a work around and let you know

Manuel

spacer.png

Great that this is fixed, i had this problem and i was not sure if this was a bug or my fault. I always resolved it by canceling all flows or switch to button

control and force next steps