Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Where are we at with Linda for MSFS?

Hi,

I used Linda with FSX to great effect with my cockpit and wrote the Carenado Phenom 300 module.

I have yet to use Linda for MSFS and have simply used FSUIPC7 on it's own.

I now need to trace lvars in the Longitude and write Lua functions to operare them.

Is Linda yet at a point where this is possible ?

Regards

Stinger

Hi @stinger2k2, I have been leaving MSFS alone until recently due to the lack of the things you seek. Now with the development of the FlyByWire A32NX and @joeherwig’s excellent work on developing a LINDA module for it I can now see the potential. I am working with Joe to expand the functionality of the module and further updates can be expected.

With updates to FSUIPC7 7.2.15 and WAPI/WASM I have been able to release LINDA 4.1.0. This offers familiar functionality to previous versions to monitor, analyse and set available Lvars, Offsets and FSUIPC Controls as well the ability to trigger  Hvar and .EVT events. There remains many hidden data which have to be added as FSUIPC offset, Hvars and .EVT on request.

The ability to use these features depends very much on the aircraft developers. I have only looked at the FBW A32NX at present but the potential is there.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

12 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi @stinger2k2, I have been leaving MSFS alone until recently due to the lack of the things you seek. Now with the development of the FlyByWire A32NX and @joeherwig’s excellent work on developing a LINDA module for it I can now see the potential. I am working with Joe to expand the functionality of the module and further updates can be expected.

With updates to FSUIPC7 7.2.15 and WAPI/WASM I have been able to release LINDA 4.1.0. This offers familiar functionality to previous versions to monitor, analyse and set available Lvars, Offsets and FSUIPC Controls as well the ability to trigger  Hvar and .EVT events. There remains many hidden data which have to be added as FSUIPC offset, Hvars and .EVT on request.

The ability to use these features depends very much on the aircraft developers. I have only looked at the FBW A32NX at present but the potential is there.

Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your reply and I appreciate the work you have done, and are doing with LINDA.

I hadn't looked into this too much up until now as I have been busy with scenery design and on top of that my cockpit was based upon the FSX Carenado Phenom 300 and I have been hoping that Carenado would update it for MSFS. So the Asobo Longitude is my best fit at present so I have been researching that in the meantime.

I have most of what I need working for the Longitude (plus WT G3000) using FSUIPC7 in combination with the Mobiflight WASM module. The only thing missing for me is the standby battery and bus tie switch. I have done a trace (which can be done, as I am sure that you are aware, using MSFS dev mode). From that trace I can seen that they are using Lvars and according to Mobiflight they can be referenced. As I am more au fait with LINDA my question is can we yet write Lvar triggers using Linda?

I am not familiar with specific aircraft except the FBW A32NX. I am not sure what you mean by Lvar triggers. Lvars can be read and written to if able and Hvars are called events not triggers.

John Dawson has added additional LUA functions for searching for Hvars similar to the existing ones for Lvars  Search the FSUIPC Advanced users guide for these.

Where present the .EVT files need to be converted into a ipc.control code using a formula based on how FSUIPC7 indexes the file and the position of the event in the .EVT file. The formula is explained in the help panel under redesigned LINDA Tracer. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

3 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I am not familiar with specific aircraft except the FBW A32NX. I am not sure what you mean by Lvar triggers. Lvars can be read and written to if able and Hvars are called events not triggers.

John Dawson has added additional LUA functions for searching for Hvars similar to the existing ones for Lvars  Search the FSUIPC Advanced users guide for these.

Where present the .EVT files need to be converted into a ipc.control code using a formula based on how FSUIPC7 indexes the file and the position of the event in the .EVT file. The formula is explained in the help panel under redesigned LINDA Tracer. 

Sorry for the confusion. By "trigger" I meant simply using an ipc.write lua function to operate the switch. I have since been reading the FSUIPC wasm thread and can see what I need is now possible in FSUIPC, so I assume would also be possible using the latest LINDA software.

Thanks for the additional jnfo

Stinger

There is one issue with Lvars and FSUIPC7 that is discussed on the FSUIPC7 MSFS forum and in the LINDA 4.1.0 release notes I issued. There is a delay between  the aircraft starting on MSFS and FSUIPC7 being able to read the Lvars available. There is a delay timer (LvarScanDelay=) that users can set in FSUIPC7.ini. This is recommended as 45 secs but I have found 60 secs may be necessary.

Apart from that the ipc.readLvar and ipc.writeLvar functions are still available in LUA and LINDA 4.1.0 can monitor and set these in Tracer. I have provided a count of the number of Lvars found. It may be necessary to Reload LUA Engine or even restart FSUIPC7 and/or MSFS if any are missing. 

• Like 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK