Sign in to follow this  
RJKooy

SWS Kodiak 100 Control problems

Hi,

A couple days ago i bought the kodiak 100 from simworksstudios, however there is a little issue:
Most of the buttons i keybinded are working, except the starter, fuel pump landing light and fuel selectors.
As an example when i press the fuel pump you will hear it start twice before it actually runs, the button in the cockpit doesnt move either.
Both my fuel slectors dont work, they do work when i use my mouse. 
If i turn the fuel selectors on with my mouse and i turn them off with the button on the honeycomb bravo, the warning light on the dashboard starts blinking. But it doesnt move the selectors in the off position.I am using the honeycomb alpha and bravo in my sim.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here? I did check if i keybinded buttons twice but that isnt the case. Do i need to download extra software?

Thanks for your help!
-Rens

36 minutes ago, RJKooy said:

Hi,

A couple days ago i bought the kodiak 100 from simworksstudios, however there is a little issue:
Most of the buttons i keybinded are working, except the starter, fuel pump landing light and fuel selectors.
As an example when i press the fuel pump you will hear it start twice before it actually runs, the button in the cockpit doesnt move either.
Both my fuel slectors dont work, they do work when i use my mouse. 
If i turn the fuel selectors on with my mouse and i turn them off with the button on the honeycomb bravo, the warning light on the dashboard starts blinking. But it doesnt move the selectors in the off position.I am using the honeycomb alpha and bravo in my sim.

Does anyone know what is going wrong here? I did check if i keybinded buttons twice but that isnt the case. Do i need to download extra software?

Thanks for your help!
-Rens

Bets place to get help is the Kodiak Discord. https://discord.com/invite/Ns7GkWW

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, RJKooy said:

The Kodiak uses a good few custom key binds. To assign some of them I think you'd need some extra software like Axis and Ohs or Spad next. I use AAOs and was able to get pretty much everything mapped except for the ignition switch. I'll stick the list here tomorrow morning. 

13 hours ago, RJKooy said:

As mentioned above you'll probably need some extra software to be able to access some of these. They're LVARs that you won't have access through the MSFS UI as far as I know. You can find the list that they've provided for all these in Community -> sws-aircraft-kodiak-wheels -> Manual -> SWS_Kodiak_Switch_Bindings.pdf

• Starter - SWS_ENGINE_Switch_Starter_ThreeState_1 (I set it on my Honeycomb magnetos where Both is Off i.e. value 1 and Start selects value 2 which turns HI START on & then I have Right set to be Value 1 which moves it to LO/MOTOR)
  • Fuel Pump - SWS_FUEL_Switch_Pump_1 (send value 2 to switch it on and value 1 to switch off)
  • Fuel Selector - SWS_Kodiak_TankSelector_1 & SWS_Kodial_TankSelector_2 (send value 1 to switch on and 0 to switch off). I mapped this to the landing gear lever where pulling that down switches both selectors on
  • Landing Lights - SWS_LIGHTING_Switch_Light_Landing - it's a 3-way switch but I just map 2 of them (send value 2 for the regular non-pulse lights and value 0 to switch off)
  • AUX Bus - XMLVAR_AUX_Bus_ON
  • Oxygen - XMLVAR_Oxygen

The only one I couldn't get to work was the Ignition Switch - it's listed in the manual but it doesn't seem to map at the moment. But I don't really use that anyway so no worries.