Sign in to follow this  
ehemad

MS2020 AND TOUCH SCREENS

Hello every one

I am thinking of making a G3X stand alone device (3d printed) with a touchscreen behind. Working title team has created a nice mod i recommend to everybody.

Now the big question (before i sepend some money in a touchscreen) here is, has anyone tryied to use a touch screen with the G3X or any other touch screen based GPS or avionics system?, is it working with MSFS2020?

I am a taliking about a simple screen connected to the graphics card running as an additional screen, not an ipad or tablet connected via "SPACEDESK" (recommended software by the way)

expecting your comments and experiences

kind regards

Enrique

You should check the Air Manager sofware, I am running the FBW A320 and WT CJ4 with touchscreen setup:

https://imgur.com/a/aJqF7IP

Overhead is touchscreen, I can switch fast between aircraft types also, have also a Piper Arrow setup etc. with a click of a button! 😁😁

You can also run it over a network, my overhead panel on the picture is running via WIFI on a old laptop.

Edited by rob0203

Thanks Rob, yes i know air manager and i use it, but the G3X Garmin is not in the list of instruments

so my idea was to skip air manager for this particular project and interface directly with the msfs2020 via the Working Title published mod.

So basically i need some who has tried ths already if there´s any...

anyway i have bought today a touchscreen tft and will be able to run the tests my self in a few days... we´ll know the answer soon enough :-)... if it does work it will be simply amazing... you´ll be able to have a simple to biuld, easy to run new generation GPS for very little, runing native in msfs2020 for several different airplanes

thanks anyway for the heads up

regards

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ehemad said:

Rob how do you make a change of airplane with a single botton?

One click was a bit of a exaggeration, also because in MSFS you have to return to main menu to change aircraft.

But Air Manager will load the new panels immediately, then I still have to load the FMC.

A lot of good software is here now, there is now also Pop out panel manager which will remember positions of popout windows on multiple monitors:

https://github.com/hawkeye-stan/msfs-popout-panel-manager

I can never get the WT G3X to work. Every other addon drops perfectly in the community folder, but I just can't get that one to ever work. I made sure the json files were in the correct spot and the folder hierarchy was correct, as mentioned in their trouble shooting section. 

To your topic, though. That sounds like a pretty sweet project. If it comes to fruition, please keep us posted! 

ok, first tetst done this past weekend

results so far: Touchscreen working fine if directly connected to the computer running msfs2020, uncoupled G3x screen working pretty well.

Impossible to make it work with spacedesk (moving uncoupled G3X to another computer running spacedesk viewer) the only thing that happens is that screen swings when moving the finger, there is no touch capability despite activavted in the spacedesk viwer setup...

happy to have comments or ideas to try something else

On 2/3/2022 at 4:14 AM, rob0203 said:

You should check the Air Manager sofware, I am running the FBW A320 and WT CJ4 with touchscreen setup:

https://imgur.com/a/aJqF7IP

Overhead is touchscreen, I can switch fast between aircraft types also, have also a Piper Arrow setup etc. with a click of a button! 😁😁

You can also run it over a network, my overhead panel on the picture is running via WIFI on a old laptop.

Just wondering for some help saw your picture looking at building my cockpit here soon but was wondering where you got you overhead panel screen and what size and also where you got you autopilot panel you have as well 

• Like 1

Autopilot = MCP Combo panel from VR insight

Overhead is just a touchscreen monitor and is running via network on old laptop.

With Air Manager from Sim Innovations you can put overhead panels and standby instruments where ever you want also via network.

Also look at Aviaworx they make remote overheads and FMC / CDU as well.

Gr.

Robert

On 2/14/2022 at 7:13 AM, ehemad said:

ok, first tetst done this past weekend

results so far: Touchscreen working fine if directly connected to the computer running msfs2020, uncoupled G3x screen working pretty well.

Impossible to make it work with spacedesk (moving uncoupled G3X to another computer running spacedesk viewer) the only thing that happens is that screen swings when moving the finger, there is no touch capability despite activavted in the spacedesk viwer setup...

happy to have comments or ideas to try something else

Hi, fine?

I was wondering the same: wt g3x + 3d printed frame + touch tft. Did you solve it so far?

Thks

Did you ever gain progress with the G3X Touch project.  I’m trying to find 3D bezel files.