Sign in to follow this  
Fragtality

QW 787 + RAAS Pro

Hello,

I'm experiencing a Bug on the QW 787: When I add the Plane to a RAAS Profile, the Plane (when loaded in a new Session) will Start with the Indication Lights Test Switch to on in the ColdAndDark Panel State. So everything is being lit up.

As soon as I remove the created Profile INI File (in %appdata%), the Plane loads normally (really completely dark).

RAAS is completely separate.  There's no interconnection that could cause this.

When you load FSX/P3D, is the default aircraft on the free flight screen the Trike?

It should be.

A complex 3rd party plane should never be the initial aircraft loaded as it can cause load order problems.

1 hour ago, byork said:

When you load FSX/P3D, is the default aircraft on the free flight screen the Trike?

It is the F35 - it is basically the Default LM Flightplan loaded, changed Location to an specific Airport, shut down the Engines and saved that Scenario which is then used as Default (for all Planes and Origins).
So it is P3D's Trike 😅

1 hour ago, byork said:

A complex 3rd party plane should never be the initial aircraft loaded as it can cause load order problems.

Well, depends ! QW specifically says in their Tutorial (although not adopted to P3D):
"There is no need to load any FSX default aircraft prior to using the QualityWings 787. We recommend that you load the 787directly from Free Flight."
The 787 works also perfectly fine - it is just that this specific Switch is in its "On" Position. When turned to Off (Mouse-Click or Script/Lvar) the Lights go out. It is more an annoyance - it doesn't prevent using either Product (RAAS or QW) respectively stop them from working.

But: I'll guess you are right that this is some kind of load order Problems. Was hard to pin that down! First I thought it was GSX - because there was in the past a Bug between QW and GSX that exactly triggered this Switch Behavior. Then I thought it was my Lua Scripts or even FSUIPC. But only with enabling/disabling RAAS for the QW, I can surely trigger/untrigger that. I think it is more on the QW Side than on the FS2Crew Side - but at least here someone is answering 😉 

You know, it does not make sense to me either ^^

Just did it again - started the Sim: lights on. Stopped, removed the ini, started again: lights off.
Although they where off one occasion yesterday while I was developing with the ini in Place - so it is indeed a load order Problem, likely with being QualityWings doing some "unexpected" / "non-normal" behavior. It just seems that somehow I can safely trigger/untrigger it with RAAS.

On the "Code Interaction": a Dev from QW just stated that there a indeed Lvars for FS2Crew. Although related to another Issue/Topic your statement was not fully correct.

But then regard this Case as closed. It just seems to be a special behavior with 787, because it apparently has just Wings ... 
I just don't want to waste any of my or anyone else energy for a buggy 85€ Product where the Support is either non-existing or a bad experience and for such a complex and hard to find error I'll just fix within my Init-Script.
And also because I have no issues with the FSLabs (where I have a far more complex "toolchain" loaded and nothing as a Problem with order) - so thanks for the Product (RAAS), I wonder how I could fly without it all time, so much more immersive 🙂 

Our "Flight Crew" program for the QW 787 reads a lot of LVARS out of the 787.

But that's not RAAS.  It's totally different from RAAS.

RAAS doesn't read any data directly out of the 787 via an LVAR.

I'm sorry, I wish I could answer your light issue better.

It sounds like you have complex setup and you're using custom scripts, etc.  It's just a load order issue I would guess.

Cheers,