Sign in to follow this  
nosecone

Setting up and saving custom views

Hi all

I want to set up a custom view for the cockpit of my helicopter. I want to look out the left side and down to simulate looking at an under slug load.
I have moved my eye point to the view I want.

I want to be able to replace the default views so when I cycle through the views I have just the virtual cockpit and my custom view.
Question is

Where do I enter the coordinates of the new view  and what sections do I delete to only cycle through the two views I want

Regards

Rhys

I used to do this very thing a lot in FSX but my memory of how to go about is lost (I moved to MSFS).

The process is a bit fiddly and takes a little time to learn but an hour here and there and you will be on your way. Its very easy to do once you get going and you can do exactly as you want. You can add custom camera views to any plane.

You will be editing the camera.cfg text files. There is one thing I remember that eases the workload AND gives you the coordinates you want for the custom view you want.

1. Start a flight
  2. Set the view you want (left side and down)
  3. Save the flight. Name it something like Custom Cam. Saving the flight will also save the custom camera setting you created.in the camera.cfg section for that particular flight.
  4. You then need to dive into the files of the saved flight, look for the camera,cfg section, look for the custom view and then copy-paste that into the planes primary camera.cfg. This action will make the view permanent on that plane. (Remember upto this point the custom view is only tied to that saved flight).

Since my memory is hazy of the process its best you check out this link. Like I said - its a bit clunky but easy once you get to grips with it.
https://www.fstipsandaddons.com/understanding-cameras-fsx/

If you dont fancy any of this then you can get a 3rdparty camera utility like EZDok which makes the process easier:

http://ezdok-camera.com/