Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

"Shutting down" not recognized

The last communication with Ground after landing and taxiing in is "KLM 174 shutting down". I hear captains of AI aircraft saying this to Ground, so it must be a part of the VoxATC phraseology. Nevertheless, when I say "KLM 174 shutting down" Ground reacts by saying "last aircraft say again". I also cannot find this message in the VoxATC reference guide.

My question: Why does VoxATC not recognize this message?

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

On 2/16/2022 at 7:11 AM, Hans Hartvelt said:

I hear captains of AI aircraft saying this to Ground

Hans

I have often wondered why there is such .......... as I can't recall ever hearing it in the "real". Maybe it is a call in other FIR's and / or from a time before mandatory SSR transponder use (ie when VoxATC was spawned).

As for my aircraft, I leave it to the FO to "tidy up" at the arrival gate whilst I rush off for a "coldy" after a successful flight ??

So, can't directly advise on your question ... sorry.

for now, cheers

john martin

John,

In the past I have flown with IVAO and they use a similar phrase: "On the blocks". I think it is a sign for Ground not to monitor my flight any longer.

As I said, I wonder why VoxATC transmit these calls by AI aircraft, but doesn't let me use this call. Maybe another follower of this forum can tell me.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg