Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 8, Beta Build 1.23.11.0 is out

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

Unfortunately the majors stutters while taxiing are still there. 

It stutters because the sim is trying to do something in the background, you see the rotating white circle appear and then stutters ensue during this process.

Also, the controls still lock if panning cockpit view with right mouse button, been there since SU5 or 6.

No mention of this being fixed at all.

Oh well.

Stu

I've been reporting this since the sim was released. The circle spins when it "logs" a certain save point. Engine start. Taxiing, wheels up, wheels down. Unfortunately, I have to fly with Dev mode enabled to stop the circle. Obviously, nothing gets logged this way, but personally, I don't really care about that.

Hi All, I have a quest 2 and it had been running great on 1.22.2.0, smooth, good clarity other than the odd issue with controls not working when mouse not on screen. I updated to the SU8 beta and I’d tried all sorts but it was a stutterfest on 1.23.9.0. I tried to revert back to the previous version 1.22 but couldn't get it to work, no matter uninstalling reinstalling it kept installing the 1.23.9.0 beta unstable version. That was until I told it to install the base game through Xbox app (pc) on another drive (d: drive instead of f: drive) it launched 1.22.2.0. I deleted the fs_base and fs-base-ui-pages in the Official MSFS folder then pointed to the msfs folder on f drive (where main files are) it re download them and now back to 1.22.2.0 thankfully.

Even though 1.23.11.0 has now been released as a mid beta update I’ll stick with 1.22.2.0 for now we should have the formal update in 2 weeks on 1st March. It should be fun flying with live weather over the south of the UK tomorrow 😄

Any ideas what I need to delete from the original drive to stop it automatically installing 1.23 beta on the f: drive… TY.

Edited by Benrb7

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

Read it, followed it and it doesn't work. I even left it 24 hours and still kept installing the previously installed beta version.

The only work around was installing MSFS from the xbox app on another drive, which then got the non beta version and pointed it to my F:MSFS folder after deleting the fs_base and fs-base-ui-pages in the folder so it redownloaded these and didn't cause conflicts.

There are a number of other MSFS Forum posts expressing the same frustration all with similar issues to me, the way they roll the beta's out isn't the best.

When this sim works it works brilliantly in VR, but these niggles are just frustrating, I was kind of hoping SU8 would fix a few issues like the mouse etc but that seems par for the course with these releases, they introduced more problems than they fixed with the most important being smoothness in VR.

Edited by Benrb7