Sign in to follow this  
yvesamuel

V5.3 HF2 and AS 330

Hi,

Since I updated to V5.3 HFI cannot fly long haul flights with this bird. After 6 to 7 hours, the fps severly drops to 6-7 and the AC becomes unflyable. I have tried my other AC (PMDG 777, PMDG 747, QW 787) and I have no problesm with those, on the same route.

Could I have an idea to be , able to fly again the AS 330

Thank's

Yves from ELLX

Edited by yvesamuel

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

50 minutes ago, yvesamuel said:

Since I updated to V5.3 HFI cannot fly long haul flights with this bird. After 6 to 7 hours, the fps severly drops to 6-7 and the AC becomes unflyable. I have tried my other AC (PMDG 777, PMDG 747, QW 787) and I have no problesm with those, on the same route.

I've encountered the same issue and there is a fix for it.  There's some tuning you can do for the Aerosoft A330 to get it to behave on long-haul routes.

Go here:

https://izn-flightsim.s3.amazonaws.com/affinity.html

The very bottom section on the page titled " Beyond Affinity Masks - Optimizing Prepar3D Performance (Prepar3D System Tuning Guide)" has a section for Prepar3D Add-Ons.  In there is some stuff you can use for the A330 to reduce the load on the nav display and weather radar.

If after you do this you still encounter problems, turn the weather radar on the center pedestal off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yvesamuel said:

Hi,

Could I have an idea to be , able to fly again the AS 330

Thank's

Yves from ELLX

Just turn off the weather radar. This solves most likely the frame drops. 

I've reported this often to aerosoft....but as always......The problem is the customer...not aerosoft it's code. 

Just try turning it off and report back please if this solves (work around) the fps drop. 

Marcus

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Hi,

Thank's.
I'll try a fly ight now and will come back

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

11 hours ago, yvesamuel said:

Hi,

Thank's.
I'll try a fly ight now and will come back

Yves

Did it work?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

How does one disable the weather radar in the A330? I searched the Aerosoft forums but the only thing I found was editing a config file in which I didn’t have the weather portion to edit to begin with.

I noticed the same degrading FPS after flying around 5 hours on a 10 hour flight. I can save the flight, restart the sim and all is good again but I would rather fly the whole route with no interruptions.

Thanks for any help

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

8 minutes ago, mokeiko said:

How does one disable the weather radar in the A330? I searched the Aerosoft forums but the only thing I found was editing a config file in which I didn’t have the weather portion to edit to begin with.

I noticed the same degrading FPS after flying around 5 hours on a 10 hour flight. I can save the flight, restart the sim and all is good again but I would rather fly the whole route with no interruptions.

Thanks for any help

No. Just the knob (switch) in the cockpit at you right sight (captain) on the mid pedestrial (wx on or off).....

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thank you Marcus. I can live with the workaround.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

7 hours ago, mpo910 said:

No. Just the knob (switch) in the cockpit at you right sight (captain) on the mid pedestrial (wx on or off).....

You may continue to have issues with frame rate drops on long-hauls with the A330.  The weather radar in the Aerosoft A330 will continue to run in the background, even if you have it shut off on the pedestal from within the VC (the default is for it to run in a full scan, regardless if it is on in the VC).  The config @mokeiko mentions is an edit that's required to adjust the background tasks for the weather radar, and is one of the two perf improvements in the link I included above.  the copy/paste version:

The weather radar in the Airbus series can also cause frame rate drops, particularly during long-haul flights. By default the Aerosoft Airbus will run the weather radar in the background, regardless if it is on, which on some systems can cause a memory/loop processing leak.

1. Navigate to the directory into which you installed the Aerosoft Airbus.
  2. From there, go into the "Data" directory and open the file named "AB_ND_GDI.ini"
  3. Add this section to the bottom of the file and save:
[WXRadar]
WXBackgroundScan=0
WXBackgroundScanProto=0
// Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates),
// 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at
// runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)

You can change the WXBackgroundScan to 1 if you prefer a limited scan and see no degradation in frame rates.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MammyJammy said:

You may continue to have issues with frame rate drops on long-hauls with the A330.  The weather radar in the Aerosoft A330 will continue to run in the background, even if you have it shut off on the pedestal from within the VC (the default is for it to run in a full scan, regardless if it is on in the VC).  The config @mokeiko mentions is an edit that's required to adjust the background tasks for the weather radar, and is one of the two perf improvements in the link I included above.  the copy/paste version:

The weather radar in the Airbus series can also cause frame rate drops, particularly during long-haul flights. By default the Aerosoft Airbus will run the weather radar in the background, regardless if it is on, which on some systems can cause a memory/loop processing leak.

1. Navigate to the directory into which you installed the Aerosoft Airbus.
  2. From there, go into the "Data" directory and open the file named "AB_ND_GDI.ini"
  3. Add this section to the bottom of the file and save:

[WXRadar]
WXBackgroundScan=0
WXBackgroundScanProto=0
// Remark: Some WX data are normally required to be scanned in background even when WX Radar is switched off.
// Due to performance reasons on some customersystems currently the user can select between following background scanning modes: 0 = COMPLETE OFF (best frame rates),
// 1 = LIMITED SCAN, 2 = FULL SCAN (normal status). As long as WX Radar is switched on, this parameter has no affect! This parameter is allowed to be changed at
// runtime (just change this parameter in INI file and safe it)

You can change the WXBackgroundScan to 1 if you prefer a limited scan and see no degradation in frame rates.

Wow...great finding....good work around. Thanks a lot for this one !

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Thank you Mammy Jammy!!! Will give this a go.

fly safe

Francisco Blas

Good morning,

Sorry for answering late. I made 2 flights :

- The first was EFHK to KIAD. everything was well, flying x2 to makes it a bit quicker until descent. I went back to x1, but had many FPS drops and the bird was difficult to  pilot, goeing sometimes up instead of down. At the end I could land. Fosrt landing aftera week of mess!

- The seconf flight was EBBR  to TFFF. I tried to put in X4, but had a mess. Reverdted to X2 and everything was very nice, even in descent.

I suppose thet the descent between two islands is easier then the descent over Canada and USA with many airports, ans a very cloudy weather. Nest tst wil be with WXBackgroundScan set to 1

Thank's again and I'll come back, but only tomrrow, today I'm too busy.
Yves.

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Hi,

Yesterday I flew LFPG KIAH. Everything was very good over the ocean and north of Canada and USA. But, as I arrived over cities and airports, the mess begun. I'll try to reduce a bit more some details and drawing distances and will come back.

Anyway, LM seems to be working on a fix, as they are aware of the problem.
Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Hi all,

Finaly, I found a very nice solution : I reverted to 5.3 HF1, and now I can fly without any problem.
I'll wait for next version.

Yves

• Like 1

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX