Sign in to follow this  
G550flyer

Simbrief + MSFS

On 2/26/2022 at 2:03 AM, G550flyer said:

I have PF3 and pilot2atc, but I prefer the simplicity and voice quality of MSFS ATC. It's no fuss and more inline with my real world flying.

You might consider getting FSHud (which will complete your collection of possible MSFS ATC addons LOL). FSHud is a work in progress with some problems but in general it works almost like default ATC (ease of use, great voices, small interface) but then without its odd problems: FSHud has no constant switching of controllers, it knows about local transition alt/lvl and also can use hPa QNH, it uses realistic terminology and... it has Simbrief integration. I use it on every flight (I only fly the Fenix A320).

Unlike other ATC addons it also actually controls AI but this part really is a work in progress. However, it's nice to know that ATC chatter you hear is with actual traffic around you and FSHud does what it can to keep you all seperated from it.

Again, it's a work in progress but it's the only ATC addon that comes close to default ATC but then without its odd problems.

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Until this gets fixed, this is what I have been doing:

1. Load my Simbrief plan into MSFS 
  2. Select my gate or parking from the scroll down menu (you can view which space you want to use by zooming to the airport detailed view and move your mouse - without clicking - on the airport map).

My plans are not affected at all.

So the key is to use the drop down menu without touching the map? I know I've tried it, but I make an effort to not touch the map to see if it works.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

deleted

Edited by CFIJose

Deleted

Edited by CFIJose

18 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Until this gets fixed, this is what I have been doing:

1. Load my Simbrief plan into MSFS 
  2. Select my gate or parking from the scroll down menu (you can view which space you want to use by zooming to the airport detailed view and move your mouse - without clicking - on the airport map).

My plans are not affected at all.

That doesn't work for me. I have to hope that they fixed it in SU 10.

8 hours ago, CFIJose said:

That doesn't work for me. I have to hope that they fixed it in SU 10.

That used to work but stopped working 1 or 2 SU's ago.

What I do that works is I download the Simbrief flight plan and load it in Little Navmap. Then I zoom in the airport and select my gate or parking spot (right-click and set as departure).

Then I save it and export to MSFS and when I load it there I don't need to select the gate or parking anymore (it shows up already), so nothing gets changed.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

That used to work but stopped working 1 or 2 SU's ago.

What I do that works is I download the Simbrief flight plan and load it in Little Navmap. Then I zoom in the airport and select my gate or parking spot (right-click and set as departure).

Then I save it and export to MSFS and when I load it there I don't need to select the gate or parking anymore (it shows up already), so nothing gets changed.

Checking to see if it all carries over to MSFS.

Update: 1st flight worked well. Currently we can't add a destination parking spot with LNM, but it's scheduled update for v3.

Edited by CFIJose
  • Like 1