Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

"Request direct to <waypoint>" (or similar) missing?

Isn't it possible to ask P2A to allow parts of a flight plan to be bypassed by "direct to" a later waypoint? Or perhaps it is only possible for enroute waypoints, not those on a SID or STAR? 

I realise it would be possible by changing the flight plan directly in P2A itself, but that's no good when you are in the cockpit and have no access to the P2A screen, as in my case. Previous ATC programs I've used have certainly responded to such requests, but I have so far had no luck with P2A in this area.

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

If I understand your question. The command -- "callsign" request direct "waypoint" --  works. Use phoenetic alphabet for waypoint.

Edited by tjrush
  • Like 1

Tom

15 hours ago, tjrush said:

If I understand your question. The command -- "callsign" request direct "waypoint" --  works. Use phoenetic alphabet for waypoint.

Confirm it works

On 3/9/2022 at 11:28 PM, tjrush said:

It didn't appear to work whilst I was on a STAR for EIDW 28L. Maybe it would work for the main route, but that isn't so often a need. It's when the STAR is rather circuitous, presumably that way for easier traffic control. I was running late so needed to expedite the approach.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I don't remember trying it on a STAR. I have used it on a SID and an Approach.  I'd be surprised if it didn't work on a STAR.  I have also noticed that sometimes when I issue the command, I appear to be ignored and have to issue it again. It works the second time.

Tom