Sign in to follow this  
Hernan1

How do I remove unwanted displays?

I hope this is the appropriate forum to discuss my query. After the most recent update, about 2 weeks ago which lasted almost three hours to download and install I noticed a few things that changed in my Flight simulator. One was the inability to control my plane while on the ground. It woud  accelerate as if it was taking off and I could not steer on the ground.

The second problem was that some displays that were corrected when MSFS came out cannot be removed anymore because the file is no longer there. I am referring to these displays:

To remove them, we could tap on ESCAPE/ GENERAL/CAMERA/scroll down to CHASE CAMERA/and turn off HEADS UP DISPLAY. The INSTRUMENT HEADS UP DISPLAY (HUD) file is no longer there. Has it been removed somewhere else?  Then we go to ASSISTANCE/NAVIGATION AIDS/turn off POI MARKERS/and AIRPORT MARKERS which also have been removed.

I would love to hear from the experts so I can complete my video. Many thanks for your help!

Edited by Hernan1

They are all now under Options -> Assistance Options.

Or, if you are using Wingman UI, they are under KI Controls on the main menu.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Thanks for your reply Jim. I am not using Wingman UI. By any chance, do you see the folders I am referring to? Camera HUD, and Point of Interest? Mine are gone.

Edited by Hernan1
misspelled word

On 3/13/2022 at 9:12 PM, JimBrown said:

They are all now under Options -> Assistance Options.

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Thanks for your reply Jim. I found the new location of these files. I wonder if this is a common knowledge to everyone to know they  were moved. How did you know where the new POI files are now located? Anyway. I turned off all POI and other tags. I "saved and applied" them, and also pressed F11 to make sure. I loaded my next flight, made an approach into DTW, the tags, POI and bars were still there, no change at all. Instead it kept the plane going around in circles and it never landed. I'm still thinking this was caused by the last update, after the last world update Australia. Do you know if there is a way to download the most recent update that may "over ride" the error? Should I reset to default? if there is such a thing. I welcome any other suggestions. Always thankful to all.

If it's those vertical bars you're talking about, It looks like the landing path marker guides seen from the outside side view

Roy.