Sign in to follow this  
simking1

GTN Issue

I updated and reinstalled my GTN750  who knew there was an update....anyway just as before I have some strange issues...first off this file that is supposed to be .\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\   exists NOWHERE on my computer I have searched I have checked Hidden  My file structure is as follows E:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers   then I have a databases GTI and Launcher folder that is it. It has been this way since I owned the program. The \Reality XP\Common\   folder or whatever is not anywhere. But the program seems to work ok no clue where it is putting the flight plans either but I have a few I made with the gtn. 

Speaking of flight plans see the image...that is from the manual but mine does not have an import button at all.

I am also confused about what this means "Drag and Drop any RealityXP.GTN.ini file onto the panel window. All settings for the same device found in the dropped file will be imported"  a new feature drag and drop in what panel window?  within the aircraft the panel or place you want to replace as your sitting in the cockpit in the sim?  can't do that tried it does nothing the pop-out GTN panel window does nothing... the panel FOLDER in the aircraft folder? if so which one cockpit? or cockpit_3d  so far no one has had any answers. i really would like to get this running properly I have not thought about it as it works but  I would love to configure more aircraft with it. some work well and are seamless like the Coronado brands some just bleed-thru existing screen and looks awful and unreadable. 

Thanks 

Hi,

On 3/18/2022 at 6:26 PM, simking1 said:

I am also confused about what this means "Drag and Drop any RealityXP.GTN.ini file onto the panel window. All settings for the same device found in the dropped file will be imported"

Given the chapter title and the picture this reference comes from, there should be no doubt which panel this is about (hint: read the blue font title at the top of the picture):

unknown.png

Speaking of flight plans see the image...that is from the manual but mine does not have an import button at all.

At this stage the easiest would be to cross-check the RXP GTN log files. If the flight plan import folder is not configured correctly, the log file will tell exactly where the GTN is expecting the files to be, and therefore what folders and where you might have to manually create.

irst off this file that is supposed to be .\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\GtnTrainer\   exists NOWHERE on my computer I have searched I have checked Hidden  My file structure is as follows E:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers 

Did you configure Windows to redirect %PROGRAMDATA% to "E:" ? If this is the case, then it is normal you won't find any C:\ProgramData because you configured Windows not to create nor use one?!

In this case, it would be expected the folder you're looking for is also in E:\ProgramData\Reality XP....

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)