Sign in to follow this  
Justin Toposim

FSG landclass not working?

Hey all, i just bought the fsg landclass for fsx north america and i dont think its working because things look default. I also have the cloud9 LC but unchecked it in my scenery menu. I am still getting deserts and generally poor LC with the cloud9 disabled so something has got to be wrong here. Any way for me to tell if this FSG LC is installed and working?I have also tried to login to their forums but my account wont work and when i tell them to email me my password it doesn't work either...________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

What are the correct settings within FSX to get the most out of this add on? Have landclass and mesh?

I think actually it is working but the areas that i chose are just very poorly represented with this product. Devil's tower is attrocious and that is what i always use to test land class since it is a desert in ms default lc. My home airport is also a bit poorly represented. I think i may stick with cloud9 since it much better represents the areas in which i fly. Very surprising since their mesh is the tops.

Hi Astrodave,Make sure the fsglcx_us.bgl file ended up in the addon sceneryscenery folder.Not seeing any desert around Devils Tower here. Seeing Grassland and shrubs, along with the forest to the northwest.Local feedback is welcomed using the BugTracker at FSG. Source data (even as recent as the 2001 dataset I'm using), can only take the product so far. Feedback from users with local knowledge is essential for the proper evolution of the product.If it ain't right in areas with which you are familiar, these areas are easily fixed (within the constraints of the medium) with proper feedback.Thanks-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest Airtime

>Hey all, i just bought the fsg landclass for fsx north>america and i dont think its working because things look>default. I also have the cloud9 LC but unchecked it in my>scenery menu. I am still getting deserts and generally poor LC>with the cloud9 disabled so something has got to be wrong>here. Any way for me to tell if this FSG LC is installed and>working?>>I have also tried to login to their forums but my account wont>work and when i tell them to email me my password it doesn't>work either...>>________________________________________________________________________________________________>>Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz>| 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | >Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA>RAID-0 | >OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW |>Matrox Triplehead SetupGotta tell ya, I purchased both these products hoping to improve FSX's scenery and I am very disappointed in both. I hope your thread will produce a fix or something I missed in the install but I can tell you that as it stands I am not happy with FSGenesis or Cloud9 USA landclass. Please, someone show me the error of my ways, all I want is a decent scenery experience.I started another thread on the scenery probs I was having but it has quickly been lost in the mire and I am not in the bumping mood (yet), hoping that I was not the only one with these problems.Anyway .... :)AT

Hi ATCan you be more specific about what you aren't happy with? The FSG US Landclass is compiled directly from the latest (2001) source data, and is still in evolution with upates and tweaking.If I had some specific idea of what you feel the problems are, they could be easily fixed, but you feedback is a little vague. The FSG Bugtracker is available for any adjustments you may feel are needed.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Justin, I did the auto install of the landclass and removed it and then did the manual install of the bgl file into my own subfolder and then added it into my scenery and it is definitely imported and working but as you can see below i get desert at devils tower. It is installed and working, it's just not accurate for me in most places.The 1st pic is the ms default lcThe 2nd pic is the fsg lcThe 3rd pic is the cloud9 lcNotice the deserts around the ms and fsg compared to how lush the cloud9 is? This is just one example of inaccuracies i see with the fsg compared to the cloud9. The cloud9 granted is not perfect either but for me it is much more accurate. Is something wrong or is this just the way it is?

Hi Astrodave,Your textures definitely look more washed out than the same ones on my system. Yours show a definite faded brown, while the same textures on my monitor have much greener tint, and very similar to what I see on Virtual Earth, as far as shrubs and grassland. Perhaps it's the difference in monitors.According to Virtual Earth, the area around Devils Tower isn't very "lush" at all, but more like grassland with shrubs, and forest to the northwest. That said, I might be able to substitute a texture with slightly more autogen shrubs.-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim

Well, it appears to be shrubbery + a sandy "desert" type of terrain, according to Google Earth (image credit Google)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/172025.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I spent a week there when i was a teenager and the whole area was much more green then. Maybe it has changed since or maybe the google shot was during a drought? Using that pic above then the fsg is spot on for sure because that is exactly what it shows. If it is based off google maps then the area looks good. Ill keep testing it and see what i find.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hey I was there too lol!I remember it was sorta grassy, but very dry and hay-color looking grass, not like green grass in the midwest or something.It was quite rocky but some forestry along the actual tower, sorta whats in your FSG screenshots....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

After spending a few hours lastnight with this product I am truly impressed now. I must have chosen a few poorly represented areas at first but overall it is pretty amazing. I was flying VFR over the Front Royal area in VA using my sectionals and everything is represented in the landclass just as it is IRL. The towns are perfectly recreated. Flying over Northern Va. heading into DC looking down and seeing all of the suburbs and cul-de-sacs that were never there that are there now. Amazing work. I even flew back to devils tower and changed the date of my saved game to the current date and the area became much more green with many light greens, dark green forest and shrub areas just like in the pics. My saved game was in october so the area was dry. Justin I don't know how you do it but I am sorry for doubting you! Excellent product.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

What are the correct settings within FSX to get the most out of this add on? Have landclass and mesh?

Hello,I have a Dell XPS, single-core hyper-threaded 3.4 Gh Intel CPU with 2 gigs RAM and an nVidia 6800GT 256 Mb pushing a 24" HP widescreen LCD HDTV.I run with all my Display sliders pegged to the right and am able to maintain about 15-20 fps in most areas.Specifically,Graphics tabTarget Frame Rate - 201600 x 900 x 32Scenery TabLOD Radius - LargeMesh Complexity - 100Mesh Resolution - 10mTexture Resolution - 1mWater Effect - Max 2.xScenery Complexity - Extremely denseAutogen Density - Extremely DenseGround SCenery Shadows OnSpecial effects Detail - High Hope this helps-------Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.netHigh Quality Scenery for FS200x

Justin - Toposim