Sign in to follow this  
jaytee73

Citation Longitude and G3000/5000 system

The Cessna Citation Longitude is becoming my favourite GO To jet - and I have watched a number of U-tube Videos on the aircraft

and it seems to have settled down from its early history

The aircraft is fitted with a G3000/5000 system - and WT have made a mod to this equipment that all commentators seem to use

I follow the download/install instructions carefully - but every time I try to start up the A/c - on power up the screens remain blank

and as soon as I delete the mod from Community - all is ok again

What might I be doing wrong

It is an old bug in WT 3000 that cause CTD from time to time when pressing the power switch, maybe your computer survives the CTD but that the screens do not start up, try to start up on another gate or at a default airport, i have noticed that some parking spots at add-on airports trigger the ctd problem more often than others.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

For me, I've found that I need to make sure my Honeycomb Yoke Master Battery and Avionic switches are all "on" as I've have those mapped.  If I leave them off, the screen will stay blank (power off) as you described. 

One of my favorites to fly as well.

@caneman - thanks for that - and I have remapped both power and avionics switches on my Alpha

but with no luck. The mod is installed according to Content - but just does'nt switch on - on power up

It must be something simple The mod and the Longtitude fix are the only items in community folder

I also checked the operation i the Daher 950 with same result - no avionics

Your avatar - my favourite Birdman !!

Edited by jaytee73

Have you tried going into settings and seeing if there are any other conflicting battery/avionics mappings?  Wondering since it’s happening to you on more than one plane - whether you have a “cross-map” ?

And thanks for the avatar shout-out.  I’ve loved that movie since I was a little kid.  Was dialing channels the other day, and it happened to be on!

Let us know if you have any success with the detective work!

23 hours ago, caneman said:

Have you tried going into settings and seeing if there are any other conflicting battery/avionics mappings?  Wondering since it’s happening to you on more than one plane - whether you have a “cross-map” ?

And thanks for the avatar shout-out.  I’ve loved that movie since I was a little kid.  Was dialing channels the other day, and it happened to be on!

Let us know if you have any success with the detective work!

Yep !1 - stumbled across this App and it solved the problem - whatever it was -immediately

Thanks for the help - you are on of those Magnificent Men !

Edited by jaytee73

Outstanding, glad your issue got fixed!  Never thought of the downloader as a solution, but its a great app.  I use it / update from it practically daily.  

I actually have the download files pointed to my MSFS Addon Linker. That way I can keep everything up to date, but only choose right before a flight what addons I want to use.

That keeps the Community Folder from getting bloated and causing excess loading times in the game.

Happy flying!