Sign in to follow this  
Bruce953

small problem in Beta 2n

Hello Folks, I use Beta 2n which seems good in X-Plane 11.55, Vulkan, WMR-VR.

Just one small glitch noticed and that is - if I change the departure runway owing to wind direction (e.g.at EHAM with numerous rwys) then in Beta 2n the change is not recognized and the tower will not give take off clearance from the changed runway and instead sticks to the original allocated departure rwy. 

Thanks for your great work and looking forward to an XP12 upgrade when that is available. 

With best reagrds

BB

Hi Bruce.

Did you have "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option checked on the FltPln tab of Config?  Assuming you're flying with a SID, that would be required to get the runway you want.

Dave

Hello Dave, 'Force Pilot Runway Selection' is checked but I just noticed that 'ATC assigns SID' was checked' maybe that caused the problem? I've unchecked that now.

The issue only started after moving from Beta m to n.

Will try a short flight later and test.

Cheers

Hello Dave,  Re Beta n.

So I just loaded a departure from EHAM and P2ATC showed departure rwy 36L. I changed this to rwy 09 with a corresponding SID. All other preparations were made as required.

*Taxi clearance remained to rwy36L and the change to 09 was ignored.  At the hold, departure clearance on rwy 09 could not be obtained and an instruction loop followed - between ground and tower.

In the Flt Plan tab the only check was in 'Force Pilot Runway Selection'.  As previously - on my system this only started happening with Beta n. . . 

Cheers, BB