Sign in to follow this  
dlmunlimited

Looking for the DHC-6 and DHC-8 downloads

Hello,

I am probably the last player of FU3 but I thought I try asking here anyway. I just recently got the urge to try FU3 again and I am a bit hooked... I would like to test fly the DHC-6 and DHC-8. I have looked through my own archives of downloaded planes and here on the AVSIM file library. Sadly much of the add-on planes for FU3 was lost in the big file AVSIM file library crash many years ago. 

So, can anyone help me with links to Jon Points flyable DHC-6 and DHC-8 for FU3? 

Many thanks in advance! 

By the way, if you know the forum since the release of FU3 you might remember me from Unlimited Design (I am Daniel). I made flyable add-ons such as the SR-71, Learjet 45, Piper Malibu Mirage and the King Air 350 to name a few.  

Never mind, I found both planes. The DHC-6 is actually in the AVSIM file library and the DHC-8 was sent to me by an old friend.

I can upload the DHC-8 to the AVSIM file library if there is any FU3 players still around? 

Hi, Daniel. Hope you are well. It is good to see you here again.

I don't think you are the last one to fly FU3 😀. I keep flying in FU3 skies, almost once weekly, even though I don't drop in here often. And guess what? I keep loving it!

Hi. It's me the last Flight Unlimited 3 player on the world! Almost every day! I downloaded and tuned a few ". res" planes from two sites. I tuned dgvoodoo2 + Reshade, and that brings me stability (on Windows 11) and an astonishing picture quality. I created a land runway "Bodega Head" based on Bodega by Bogdan, extreme west on San Francisco map, modified recently with "manual" lights at night (activated with Q key).

Hello Naji and Patrik,

Nice to hear that I am not alone playing FU3 In 2022 😀

IMO the immersive feeling in FU3 is still not beaten by any other flight sim. 

Naji,

Thanks! I remember you as well. I hope you are well too. 

Patrik,

The "manual" lighting you mention is "PCL" = Pilot Controlled Lighting. I believe Half Moon Bay has it to name one.

I am glad that you found the planes that you were looking for, Daniel. I hope that you are enjoying your trip down memory lane. I have very fond memories of my time with Flight Unlimited 2 and 3, and they will never fade.

For the record, I now fly around "Flight Unlimited Great Britain and Netherlands" in P3Dv4.5HF2 :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The DHC-6 and DHC-8 are now uploaded to the AVSIM file library. I am not sure though how active the library admins are. Seem to me like that there has not been any activity for a while?