Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Cab't calculate elevation profile

Planning flight to KATL via CHPPR to runway 9L. I get the above message and when pressing the red banner I get the explanation that the flight plan elevation at 11,000 feet violates the restriction of 13,000feet. However, the flight plan window shows an elevation of 13,000 feet. Have I something mixed up?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Nothing wrong on your side. 13.000 ft or above should work fine. Keep in mind that LNM allows only one cruise altitude and will not calculate a climb to the restriction in the STAR.

Seems like a bug in LNM with the at (not at or above) 13.000 ft restriction at CHPPR.
A flight plan elevation at or above 13.000 ft should normally work. Below will not.

Raising to 13.500 or above is a workaround.

Will check.

Alex

Thank you for your reply. I had no sooner posted when I went back to LNM and immediately found the problem. I had failed to put in a cruise altitude above the restriction. Previous flight plan was a VFR flight and I forgot to change the cruise altitude.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

12 hours ago, loop_n_roll said:

Thank you for your reply. I had no sooner posted when I went back to LNM and immediately found the problem. I had failed to put in a cruise altitude above the restriction. Previous flight plan was a VFR flight and I forgot to change the cruise altitude.

Yes. Cruise altitude has to be above all restrictions.

Nevertheless, you found a bug in LNM.
A quite obscure one too.🙃

Alex