I Have a ticket lodged with thrustmaster but wanted to ask here also.

I have lost all input from the center pedestal add-ons, No Spoiler, no auto brake, no gear, no flaps ,no rudder trim, no parking break,

However the thrust levers, engine start switches, and ignition starters all work perfect. SATA cables are all seated and re-seated.

This is not just an in sim binding/calibration issue from using the thrustmaster control panel i can see there not working its like no power is being distributed to the failed components.

What makes the isuue more annoying is there was only 12hrs since my last flight which everything acted perfect, I cant blame a sim update, windows update or firmware update,

I've tried swapping USB ports and even the sata cables in the unit, and turning power saving off on the usb ports all with no change 

If anyone has experienced this be grateful for any information   

Thanks for any help

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

I use a program from Leo Bodnar's website called DIView to look directly at the controllers' DirectInput values, bypassing any software.  If there's nothing there, it's either a USB cable, the USB port, or the device hardware.  Given that some parts of the device are working, I'd suspect either a problem with the Thrustmaster driver/software, or a defective USB controller in the device itself.

If you haven't already, you might also try going into Device Manager in Windows and removing the device, then reboot and let it detect the device anew.  That should clear any lingering entries in the device table in case they somehow got corrupted.

More than likely you have an RMA in your future.

Regards

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thank you Bob never seen DIView before yes all inop controlls not registering any input on the software ill try removing it from the device manager next. I resisted till now since it was half working but i believe you are right about the RMA 

Thank you for quick and informative advice  

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Installed DIView and brought the quadrant to my wife’s work laptop no input signals I hope thrustmaster are not going to make it awkward for a replacement, flying the bus isn’t quite the same without it now

Stephen

On 4/24/2022 at 3:33 PM, stephenbgs said:

Installed DIView and brought the quadrant to my wife’s work laptop no input signals I hope thrustmaster are not going to make it awkward for a replacement, flying the bus isn’t quite the same without it now

Please keep us updated on what happened.  Am curious about what to expect from Thrustmaster customer service.

Andrew Jones

Thrustmaster did a really good job of helping. It felt like there e-mails were slow but to be honest I think it was my impatience, they did the usual FAQ abot calibration and drivers which i told them in my initial ticket was not the problem so that was i bit annoying and wasted 3days on questions I already answered. Finally they asked to film my Quadrant setup and calibration program so they could see if it was showing anysign of inputs.

They saw there was no inputs so told me within 4 days I'd receive a shipping slip from UPS and to send it back to repair.There was a lot of directions on how to pack the qudrant, size of box and protection that part made me feel a little skeptical they were very adamant that any slight damage on the box during transport they would be unlikely to fix it, seemed they were looking for a get out clause, but that's probably my paranoia 🤪

To cut a long story short when I started to pack it after a long holiday weekend I tried it once more and it came back to life the actions and functions were messed up but 5 mins calibration fixed that.

I told thrustmaster I would not be sending it back now as it was working but I asked them to keep the ticket open as I have no idea why it died and came back to life, they fully agreed and said if it happens again they'll send out a new UPS collection slip and to send in back.

My overall impression was they did a good job albeit slightly slow at customer service but I think they have regional support so it could be my location for example if I wanted to phone my local support it was only open Tuesday to Friday 3pm to 7 pm

As far as I can personally say they will stand  behind there products 

Stephen