Sign in to follow this  
Alaska

A Couple Questions.

Hello,

Just wanted to say I am enjoying this program a lot. However, I do have a couple questions.

1) As the title says during takeoff the ai aircraft appear to start their rotation for takeoff and then they abruptly slam back onto runway go another 1000' or so and then take off. Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix for this?

2) AIG is missing a few liveries here and there.  Is there a way to add liveries so that it's detected by the program? Or do we have to rely on AIG to add those through the AIG Manager? Example there's no Alaska Airlines 737-9 Max livery for the AIA model included with the latest flight plans. I did find one on avsim, is there a way to add it?

Best,

Anthony

@1 that's a known issue, will be fixed in the next version.

@2 you have to wait till AIG adds models/liveries, unless you are capable of converting P3D aircraft to MSFS 😉

On 4/24/2022 at 10:31 PM, Alaska said:

Is there a way to add liveries so that it's detected by the program? Or do we have to rely on AIG to add those through the AIG Manager? 

Best,

Anthony

With a little knowledge, it is possible to create a secondary "shadow-copy" of the AIGM OCI folder (which should never be touched itself). Then you can delete all the content, but not the models and essential .cfg files. This approach has been suggested by the developer of AIGM himself, and it does work. It can be useful if some liveries are missing because the package from AIG is not yet updated for that particular airline. 

I have done this myself for a couple of the MAX variants for MSFS, and it works great. If you do this on MSFS you have to be very careful about a few things:
1) file naming
2) generate JSON files for every texture in texture-folders
3) generate JSON file for the whole package (there are free tools available which does this for you)
4) for the MSFS AIG 737-max (AIA-model), it seems that you also have to flip the texture horizontally or else it will not show correctly.

The easiest is of course to wait until AIG themself add the model and texture, but the above does indeed work if you are a little impatient 🙂