Sign in to follow this  
vidha

Removing AIGM-livereies no longer used with no editing

Hi again

I was noticing when using the special regcode-id files that even if I do a complete fleet assignment, older and no longer in use in the real world liveries still show up in the sim both as static and live aircraft. This happens even if I have assigned the historic special livery to a standard livery in the regcode id-file. It is not so realistic when they still show up in the simulator.

I guess the reason is the matching logic, and finding the particular reg-code in the fltsim-section. With manually editing, this was easy to fix. Now with the use of AIGM, manually removing or editing ftsim entries should be avoided. Is it possible to fix this somehow?

A suggestion would simply be another data .txt file where you could add the titles of the AIGM-liveries you don't want to use anymore.

Another approach would be to give the assignment of the regcode-file priority over the regcode entry in the fltsim-section.

Edited by vhaaland

Static aircraft are not matched upon registration code, so it can happen indeed that a historic paint is matched.

Live aircraft in RT that have no registration code will be matched upon airline+type, so a historic livery may show up.

Live aircraft with regcode in RT should always be matched with the correct livery, should it not? Or are the liveries (paints) in AIG not up to date?

PSXT makes no difference  between the two ways of regcode assignments, they all come together in one database.

So the only solution would be another file with the titles of the liveries you do not want to use anymore... ? Will also solve the static ac problem.

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Or are the liveries (paints) in AIG not up to date?

PSXT makes no difference  between the two ways of regcode assignments, they all come together in one database.

So the only solution would be another file with the titles of the liveries you do not want to use anymore... ? Will also solve the static ac problem.

Well, some of the AIG packages are already several years old. Many airlines change special liveries for anniversaries and special events, and therefore only representative for maybe 1-2 year. 

The solution with another file with a simple list of titles of the liveries not to be used anymore should be a good solution to this I think, and will propably only be used by those users (such as myself) who really cares to have it as real as it gets 🙂

Edited by vhaaland

FYI

In 31.4.0 I've add:

In some aircraft packages it is not possible to edit aircraft.cfg files. If you want to suppress certain historic liveries, that no longer fly these days, you can create a file data\dontuse.txt with the exact title of the livery per line. Then they will not show up, neither as static nor as live

- to be released-

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1