Sign in to follow this  
StewyDW

Need help locating Japan AIP - Mil Op Areas

G'day guys,

Hope you can help me - long time flight-simmer here - FS98 was my first 😉

I also play the naval game, Dangerous Waters, and in it, it's possible to mark military ranges/airspace using a 'line marking' program (enter the coordinates, it makes a line)

I've made a few maps around the world, and wanted to make one using the west coast of Honshu, Japan (the coastline around Tokyo)

I've found a few of the training ranges from sailing guides on the net - such as the the Sagami Bay Submarine Training Area - but can't find the coordinates for these sections of airspace:

* R-116

* R-121

* R-599

You can see them marked on P.12 of this document. - SRR2012-AppendixCFigures.pdf (osd.mil) 

The Japanese AIP site has free registration, but I kept getting an error message trying to register.

I've searched high and low on the net - do you where there could be a copy of the Japan AIP - or where I could find coordinates for these airspaces mentioned above?

Of course, I just mean public domain docs - nothing illegal.

Thanks guys,
Stew

LttleNavMap shows these areas: you can add userpoints on the boundary and then checks for the coordinates

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

Thank you Mirach - that's very helpful - I really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Stew

• Like 1

I was able to register at their site.  If it doesn't like your user info, read carefully regarding what characters are allowed for user names and/or passwords.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69