Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Navigraph/Flight Planner Disconnect?

I usually do initial flight-planning in SimBrief, then import it into Navigraph to verify STARs, approach transitions, etc.  I then import the FP saved thru Navigraph into the MSFS flight Planner after starting the sim.  Once in the aircraft, no matter which nav system was being used (g1000, g3000, other, etc.) the approach and transitions I selected in Navigraph were in the FP exactly as I had chosen.  Now, that's usually not the case.

It appears since SU9 that the flight planner continually ignores the original Navigraph approach transition and inserts its own?  Now, this hasn't caused any big issues, but its rather frustrating to have to reset the approach transitions for every flight!  It happened again today.  I chose the transition and IAF that would work best for the flight plan, only to have the flight planner over-ride it and choose an inappropriate transition.   I edited the approach in the nav system and changed the transition back to the appropriate one.  Isn't Navigraph supposed to over-ride the flight planner, not the opposite?

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke