Sign in to follow this  
Sean McLeod

A Cat is on the prowl...

Hi Sean,

attached shows latest work on the Tigercat cockpit. Stick and pedals now done. I'll attempt to use mesh animation for the flexible parts like the stick gaiter and pedal hoses, not sure yet how this is done in XP though. Next up will be the lower instrument panels, left, center and right.

Regards,

Phil

Tigercat VC progress_10Tigercat VC progress_11

• Like 4

Hi Sean,

the main instrument panels are now complete, next up will be all the gauges, followed by the gunsight.

Regards,

Phil

Tigercat VC progress_14Tigercat VC progress_15

• Upvote 1

Will it be Xp12-ready Sean ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020...

@jcomm I would expect so. Work has been done on the Stirling and Hampden with XP12 already so it's reasonable to assume that experience will make its way into the Tigercat as well.

Exciting times ahead! :) 

• Like 1

Hi Sean,

the main panel is complete, missing gauge is authentic, the radar altimeter was only fitted to night fighters. Gunsight is next, then the glazing (mapped for XP12 rain/ice fx of course), then it's all ready for animating.

Regards,

Phil

Tigercat VC progress_16

• Like 1

It's coming along...

Hi Sean,

Here's some WIP pics of the VC in XP. Mostly done, just need to animate the gauge needles and a few little things. There is no gunsight glass, the reticle was projected right onto the windshield. The 'missing' gauge is authentic as this is a day fighter, radalt was not fitted. The glazing is all set up for XP12 rain fx, so I'll send some shots of that feature soon.

Regards,

Phil

Tigercat VC progress_17Tigercat VC progress_18

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1