Sign in to follow this  
Sean McLeod

A Cat is on the prowl...

If you want to make a video that showcases how bad X-Plane can look...this is certainly the way to do it.🤣

Its not only super blurry, it is also choppy on top! Did you shoot it on a ZX81?

Edited by Janov

4 hours ago, Janov said:

If you want to make a video that showcases how bad X-Plane can look...this is certainly the way to do it.🤣

Its not only super blurry, it is also choppy on top! Did you shoot it on a ZX81?

Interesting response to someone’s first post on this forum, especially as they’ve actually taken the time and effort to make a video.

Bearing in mind the amount of traffic - or rather the lack of traffic - this part of the forum is getting these days perhaps a more positive response might be in order?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

The OP has taken the time and effort to make a video...that makes X-Plane appear in a really bad light. And puts it out on youtube for everyone to see.

And I have to applaud this...why?

Genuinely curious!

You're slandering a longtime X-Plane add-on developer, Jan! This is unacceptable!

@Sean McLeod

I herewith sincerely apologize for Jan, who must have woken up top end stuck in bottom.

You're working on a Tigercat at the moment?

Edited by Bjoern
  • Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

29 minutes ago, Janov said:

Genuinely curious!

You’re genuinely curious as to why encouraging someone is better than discouraging them?

Really?

• Upvote 2

Ok, sorry, I was wrong.

But here, I am working on a new airport for this awesome flightsimulator - I have a preview shot for you guys!

What do you think?

Airport.jpg

Seriously - I don´t mean to discourage people from making content for X-Plane - but why not present it in a matter that makes people WANT to use that content? If you make a video, try to make it visually appealing, make it so people can actually see the aircraft you are making?

Edited by Janov

2 hours ago, Janov said:

Ok, sorry, I was wrong.

But here, I am working on a new airport for this awesome flightsimulator - I have a preview shot for you guys!

What do you think?

Airport.jpg

Seriously - I don´t mean to discourage people from making content for X-Plane - but why not present it in a matter that makes people WANT to use that content? If you make a video, try to make it visually appealing, make it so people can actually see the aircraft you are making?

I would rather see the real deal, warts and all, than some fake promo vid. You seriously want people to get a false impression? I'd call that fraud. The vid simply shows XP as is, before you spend a fortune on addons and a super computer. Just be thankful there were no clouds in the sky.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

The vid simply shows XP as is

See what he did? 😅

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Janov said:

See what he did? 😅

Yes, he told the truth 😅

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 hour ago, Janov said:

See what he did? 😅

I wouldn't worry. Sparks will no doubt now post 50 photos of how uniquely amazing XP looks by default. 🥹

• Like 4

@Janov Thank you for your constructive criticism.

I'm disappointed at how bad the capture is, but it is what it is, and though it doesn't show the sim in the best way it doesn't exactly give the sim a bad rap; it's a crappy video capture.

My skin's a little thicker than many, so I'll just let your posts stand on their own showing your character to the world - embarrassing attitude.

Perhaps take a different perspective on it; consider it something like when Mercedes or Audi are testing a new model of car, with the camouflage poly wrap applied to it. You don't exactly know what it looks like but you're excited to see it's real shape revealed.

Some would call it a teaser.

You don't have to like the video, that's alright, but like my mother taught me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all".

I hope you'll enjoy the Tigercat when it hits the community, I guarantee it will look better than what the video shows.

Edited by Sean McLeod
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Jan's sarcasm and criticism towards others only shows his embarrassing attitude and lack of tolerance. It appears as he is a RWP, what a shame.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

11 minutes ago, Janov said:

I work in a profession where we call ´em like we see ´em. 

I work in a profession where courtesy towards others opinions and/or views is always expected. 

Ok, let us move on, I'll leave you with your attitude, I have to get back to my business as I have been clear to take off with my brand new 737-700.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

@Janov I'm grateful to never have to share a cockpit with you - seems like you're a real CRM case.

Enjoy some Tigercat screen caps...

F7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 TigercatF7F-3 Tigercat

Edited by Sean McLeod
  • Like 2