Everything posted by jarmstro
-
Sim Update 7 Beta is available
I don't notice any bugs at all? To my mind 2024 have evolved to be the best Flight Simulator ever made. Other than the odd trivial bug fix that seem to upset a few individuals what else is there to do? Given the range of hardware it has to cater for isn't it pretty much as perfect as can be expected? Let alone its unmatched value for money. You can pay more for X-Plane if you like, and I understand the appeal of a small amateur project, but except for those whose only requirement is an easy flight model there is no comparison.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
If you call anything I say a personal insult it's impossible for me to reply. Such is the modern world. EDIT I genuinely hope that what you took as personal insults won't have a lasting and deleterious effect on your life.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
Shortcomings? What like the lack of real world smells and forces on our bodies? And all the different sounds together with being able to feel everything? Its a game. Try Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 which is great fun and, I assure you that you will prefer it to griping about minor FMS inaccuracies which only the totally obsessed will notice.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
I apologise if you took what I said to be a personal attack because that's not what i meant. I've said it before and will get flamed again but it baffles me why a real world pilot would want to come home from work and go back to work in the virtual world and expect it to be just like it was at work? Do dustbin men men come home and play rubbish collecting sims and then complain that the vehicle they drive is different? These planes are for simmers like me who have no intention of flying them for real but just want a near enough illusion of the real thing. Complexity is what I want and this delivers at a reasonable price. If you want absolute reality then fly your real plane and take a break when you are at home.
-
MSFS2024 and Ifly737
Should you not add "for the price" to that sentence? Its an addon for a game and it costs £60 and in no way is it ever going to perfectly mimic the plane you fly for work. Presumably there are multi million pound simulators you can play on if, for some reason, you wish never to have a break from real life.
-
SIM UPDATE 6 BETA 1.8.11.0 Aug 5th
It's running fine for me. I am getting a lot of broken landing gears with GSX on pushback and Alt P no longer works, probably because I no longer see any default pushback tugs, but whether that's due to the beta or GSX I know not?
-
iFly 737MAX v1.1.0.3 is available
I reloaded with a different livery and all was good so my mistake.
-
iFly 737MAX v1.1.0.3 is available
Its working in the Beta now. But its got purple windscreen wipers.
- JustFlight Fokker F70/F100 Release Date: Thursday, June 25th
-
Nexgen EMB-110 V2 is out
I'd like to update mine but where did I buy it? Can't remember. Is there a clue hidden in the installed files anywhere?
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Well the new iFly EFB suits me, as a simmer, just fine.
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
I've got into trouble before but I'll say it again. I just can't understand why real world pilots would want to come home from work and fire up MSFS and expect it to be exactly like their job. In fact I can't understand why anyone is so obsessed with their job that they would want it on their PC? But hey-ho.😀
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Yep. Simplicity is my middle name. I have no interest in pretending that I am a real pilot. And neither do 99% of folk who use this sim. All I want is the believable illusion of the real world.
-
MSFS 2024 1.7.33.0 beta was just pushed ...
Hmm. The sim is so good now and the performance is so outstanding that I'm getting bored with it.😀 Hopefully SU7 will introduce some radical and bugged feature to renew my interest!
-
iFly 737 Max version 1.1.0.0 is out now
Nice! I like the new EFB. I prefer it to the PMDG now.
-
Navigraph and Flightradar24 Partnership
Considering that you can buy the sim itself for ninety quid both are ridiculously expensive!😂 I dare not look how much I pay now for Navigraph.
-
Navigraph and Flightradar24 Partnership
Planes wont pushback when using FSLTL. Apparently its a known bug in SU5 which has been reported to Asobo. No wait! Ive got a Ryanair plane pushing back at Faro?
-
FSLTL is back
Ah! I've noticed that there's another thread about this....
-
FSLTL is back
FSLTL is back in business as long as you have a Navigraph subscription. And with a much better set-up UI. Working great for me. Hooray!
-
World Update 21: Australia Trailer
Might be interesting. I'm guessing that you have to fly upside-down?
-
Sim Update 5 [1.7.27.0] Now Available | MSFS 2024
In most respects it's does, but with regard to the ground textures it doesn't. I do think that they've bought some extra performance at the expense of visual quality. There's no such thing as a free lunch and whether it was worth it is just a matter of opinion.
-
Sim Update 5 [1.7.27.0] Now Available | MSFS 2024
Actually I think they may have downgraded the land textures. Hard to say but certainly the UK isn't looking great to my mind.
-
New FSLTL question
This works OK with FSLTL and I've settled on it as the best solution performance wise. However, today, I've seen little airborne traffic and no ships. (I've also installed AIG to minimise blank liveries.) But I've noticed this before when using default MSFS so it may be a temporary anomaly due to some server issue? Or is it because MSFS also uses FlightRadar24 which is shutting down its free server? Where does MSFS get its live data from? EDIT There's definitely nothing in the air in my sim as there's nothing showing on LittleNavMap. God, I'm going to miss FSLTL. 2nd EDIT. Set to AI Offline I get some planes flying around. But set to Online zilch. Nothing. Server is down methinks. Maybe permanently as per the above?
-
FSTL V1.9.0 released
I'm gutted that FSLTL no longer injects live traffic. I am currently downloading AIG but have no idea what I am doing, or what OCT is and it looks like a six hour job. I just want MSFS to use the planes. How do I get MSFS to use the fleet? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
-
GSX Updates
Same issue here. But how do you adjust the parking radius and what do you set it to?