Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

SP1 Still Causing Fatal Error in FSX

Two times I have completely removed FSX and re-installed with SP1 and I am still getting an UNHANDLED WIN32 EXCEPTION IN FSX.EXE (2504) error and a dump back to the desktop. This happens in flight after a few minutes of flying, it happens while I am still selecting FREE FLIGHT options, etc. It happens with different planes and locations. I have absolutely no add-ons loaded. I am fine with just FSX but adding SP1 makes it crash. My system is running Windows XP on an Alienware system with AMD Athlon dual processor, NVIDA 7800GTX, 2 gig ram. HELP!Joe C

HelloI know you have uninstalled FSX and i know that MS say you do need a clean install.But i am wondering exactly what they mean because if you just unistall FSX it doesn't remove all of the folders or saved flights etc when you reinstall they are still there.So perhaps when you uninstall you have to remove everything all folders etc the lot.I am not sure about this however and when i uninstalled FSX i didn't actually do this and SP1 loaded and everything runs okay(Just okay unfortunately)perhaps you could try removing everything and see what happens.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hello. I didn't mention it but I DID remove folders. I completely deleted the FSX folder under MICROSOFT GAMES and I also went to MY DOCUMENTS and delete all FSX related folders there. I am not sure where else it hides stuff.Joe C.

Guest wji

For what it's worth . . . I installed the FSX SP1 Patch the day it came out and there was no mention then about removing and reinstalling FSX (thanks, MS) so I just ran the EXE with the resulting C2D.I remembered from having over twenty (20_ C2Ds in FS9 to remove the FS9.CFG file. This worked with FS2004 so logic dictates it should work with FSX.I deleted my FSX.cfg file (both are on my desktop) and my FSX (with all installed addons) now runs real good and lasts a long time.Location of FSX.cfg file:C:Documents and SettingsUsernameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXfsx.CFG