Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Wrong communication with Asobo and how to fix it...

I would like to share with you my idea, on how to fix communication between our community and Asobo (MS). It is clearly visible from today's Q @ A that this communication is missing or we are completely misunderstood (example of Sebastian and fps in the menu .. etc ..). What would you say if we would select representatives from our community - two, one people who would be well versed in the topic, what are we missing, what are the mistakes, what to do first, etc. etc. and if these people could go directly to Asobo studio and talk to them face to face, at an appointment, and present all our problems in a clear and specific way. The issues of financing such a trip are on our side and I think we can handle wiith it. Such a meeting should take place once every 6 months, so that everything is clear and obvious to both parties ... I don't know, I am giving this idea what do you think about it? Maybe crazy one? but ??... 

brds

I don’t think this is very helpful because nobody will agree on who is a respected representative for the community.  And when you say community, you need to be more specific, because there are different communities for MSFS. Do you mean an Avsim representative? Because if an Avism representative approached Asobo, Reddit users of MSFS may not agree with that. What if Reddit nominated a representative and they went instead of Avsim? Then Avsim would not be happy.

What about the Twitch community? What about the YouTube community?

Also, the representative would have to give a detailed platform on what they plan to do if they talk with Asobo.  And we would have to find a very democratic way of voting for the representative. In effect, for any representative to be recognized by the community, we would need potential representatives to run a campaign, just like they do in politics, with a platform, and then all communities (Avsim, Reddit, YouTube, Twitch, and of course the official MSFS forum) would need to use an agreed voting system to vote for such a representative.

TLDR: Your idea would be very hard to organize and I doubt you can get all the different MSFS communities to agree on it.  It’s probably not feasible and to make it feasible, it would have to have the level of sophistication as modern political campaigning and voting, which is not easy to organize, let alone getting everyone to agree on the same thing.

• Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Yes, you are right that probably the biggest problem would be to send someone who would meet everyone's requirements ... I think it could be someone from the streamers (e.g. Fabio :)? , first thought : ). The whole idea is to raise common questions from different sides, not just with Avsim of course, so that everyone has a share of it.

• Like 1