Sign in to follow this  
HalalPilot

Voices cutting out early (or not there entirely)

I'm using the Amazon Polly voices. I confirmed at startup that they are working as they should, but during different calls, the voices that activate (random selection) are cutting out early. For example:

Controller: Southwest 3027, Climb and maint--

Me: Climb and maintain Flight Lev--

Controller: Southwest 3017, Contact --

Me: Contact Center on--

Or they stop working entirely, despite not changing to a different controller (my copilot voice will come and go as he pleases). 

Amazon services bugged? Too much strain on my system? Bug within MSFS2020? Combination of all, or none? Very weird. I don't get an error that the voices are unable to be used as I had previously. I can post a log if requested.

The issue of the controller or co-pilot not finishing a phrase is probably not related to the voice being used.  In fact, the one log file I've seen with this reported problem shows no problems in the program.  This is happening because something is cutting off the Windows TTS engine in mid-sentence.

This behavior can happen randomly, but should be fairly rare.  Usually it is a symptom of running out of resources like available memory, but it can also happen for no apparent reason.  

Checking the CPU and Memory usage in Task Manager while flying could help determine if it is a resource problem.

If it's getting above about 75%, then that is likely the issue.

Dave

Hi, Dave.

The one log you saw was (probably) mine. I noticed that the voices cut out when interacting with the sim, including only using the mouse look. If you click into the simulator window at all, the voices, all of them, including the ATC chatter files if installed, will stop playing and go to the next file. In the case of ATC, it will skip the rest of the command and go to the next. It seems to only do this when you CLICK anything in the simulator window. Using the mouse scroll wheel to adjust baro or altitude etc seems to have no effect.

That sounds like a settings issue, likely in the SIM.  

Check that any settings for Voice or ATC are turned off.  In MSFS turn off the following:

Options -> Assistance->Piloting->AI Radio Communications (ATC) - OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Route & Waypoints - OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Taxi Ribbon = OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Landing Path - OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->ATC UI Panel Open at Start - OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->Show Message Log in ATC Menu- OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->ATC Voices - OFF

In P2A, if you have "Pause when SIM Pauses" option checked, try unchecking that.

Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Hi , I have the same issue, latest Beta installed.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:55 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Options -> Assistance->Piloting->AI Radio Communications (ATC) - OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Route & Waypoints - OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Taxi Ribbon = OFF
Options -> Assistance->Navigation Aids->Landing Path - OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->ATC UI Panel Open at Start - OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->Show Message Log in ATC Menu- OFF
Options -> Assistance->User Experience->ATC Voices - OFF

In P2A, if you have "Pause when SIM Pauses" option checked, try unchecking that.

I tried as above, but mouse keeps cutting voices out, Noticed on Atis and clearance delivery. However it seems to be only on one payware plane PMDG 737. On my Airbus no issues. So it seems for me a PMDG issue

Thanks

Jamie