Sign in to follow this  
Wing Nut

Coming back after a LONG absence...

Times have certainly changed. I was on FS9 back in the day and I remember when this site was sadly hacked and all the files destroyed, was devastating. But they fought on and rebuilt it.

I however eventually crossed to Xplane 11 (MSFlight was indeed a farce) but have just come back across to MSFS, still setting up my new sim but I am amazed at the level of detail within it. It is a lot to adjust to but everyday I make progress and the community is amazing. 

20 years in flight simming now.... and I feel like the boy with the best new toy all over again.    😃

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:48 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

There’s another member here that uses Wingnut but he joined in 2011 and your current account is from 2009. Hard to say if you had another account prior to that with a name similar to it.

Post Edit: Perhaps Wingnut is your other account since both this one and Wingnut have posted from the same IP. If you can verify that other email I can merge the accounts together.

I gave it a shot but no luck.  No big deal.  It works now and that is what matters...

22 hours ago, Higgy68 said:

Times have certainly changed. I was on FS9 back in the day and I remember when this site was sadly hacked and all the files destroyed, was devastating. But they fought on and rebuilt it.

I however eventually crossed to Xplane 11 (MSFlight was indeed a farce) but have just come back across to MSFS, still setting up my new sim but I am amazed at the level of detail within it. It is a lot to adjust to but everyday I make progress and the community is amazing. 

20 years in flight simming now.... and I feel like the boy with the best new toy all over again.    😃

Welcome to MSFS. I was a great fan of FS9, and then, for 15 years, FSX, but MSFS to me is mind-blowing. It was fun exploring those earlier sims to see what goodies the scenery designers had come up with, but with MSFS the big difference is that now I am exploring the real world in great detail, and the surprises and delights are endless and amazing. Coming across remote islands, mountain passes, hamlets, rivers, lakes, and whatnot, and knowing they are actually there, along with better-known places I have wondered about but never had a chance to visit in person, are experiences I have never had before in flight simming. If you are into VFR flight, you are about to be hooked if you aren't already!

• Like 1