Sign in to follow this  
yellowjack

Where has the snow gone?

Mmmm,Winter has arrived in Australia & with it good snowfalls. I visited the snow fields in south eastern Australia in FSX but no snow? I tried all months but there is no snow to be seen?Has MS goofed? FS9 had it right.Does anyone know of any addons/patches that correct this?Peter:-hmmm

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Peter,Sorry, but I think FSX was built, not only for future hardware, but also for future global warming. And thinking of all the virtual aircraft, that polute the skies of FSX, I guess it's pretty realistic. ;-) I wonder if there will be an option in UT to enable global warming effects, which will flood lowlands, deserts bigger and a lot fewer rivers and lakes.Ulf B

LOL Ulf!I must admit a similar thought crossed my mind! The VOZ textures for FSX will be out later in the year - perhaps I'll have to wait until next year to go skiing!Peter

I think fsx is about two weeks different from fs9. Right? Depends on the year and when the snow starts...at least where I am never the same. That being said I think fs9 was closer.Glad to hear you are having snowfalls-as I have had enough for a lifetime and am enjoying basking in the sun for a brief time before the snow starts here again...http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Yes, we are into the cooler weather and I live only tens of miles from the Australian snow regions You can see heaps of the white stuff at 2,000' above our local airfield. It got down to +2C at my place last night a blessed relief from summer and we are only expecting a maximum of +16C today. BRRRRRRRRR!;-)John