Sign in to follow this  
Caribe

Milviz F4-E Phantom causes a P3D 4.5 crash.

Hello pilots. I need help. I have reinstalled P3D 4.5 after my system crash. (Last 4.5 version incl. all hotfixes). Now I have also reinstalled all Milviz aircraft. The F4-E (latest Version 180712) causes a P3D crash. I get when I select the aircraft the cockpit only a few seconds to see. It comes the message P3D has detected an error and will be closed.
My question about this: Is there a so-called log file where it says what caused this CTD? Where can I find this file?

I would like to send this information to Milviz to get support. Thanks for your help.

Regards
Julio Garcia

Use the Windows Event Viewer.  Details on page 7 of the AVSIM CTD Guide (link at right side of home page)

Edit: Make sure you have the latest version of the weather radar dll installed--the one that originally shipped with the F4-E may have been written for an earlier version of P3Dv4 and it will CTD on you if you don't have the updated version compiled specifically for P3Dv4.5HF3.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Thank you so much for the information Bob. I have now the Milviz_WX_Radar_v1.181223 (2018) installed but the CDT is here again. I will continue to look for other possibilities. I have also report this issue in Milviz forum.

Thank you
Julio

Edited by Caribe

I don't think you have the latest wx radar.  P3D v4.5HF3 was released by LM on 4/15/2020, so a gauge with a 2018 date on it is probably incompatible.  I don't have their F-4, so can't comment specifically. 

I use the standalone version of their wx radar gauge, and the latest version of that is also dated 4/15/20.  You might try disabling the wx radar gauge in the panel.cfg file and see if the CTD persists.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I suspect the problem here has nothing to do with the weather radar. I also have the Pilatus, the DHC-2 and DHC-3 and they work (they use the weather radar).

I have looked at the event viewer and have not seen about the problem here but I am not professional enough to discover that.
The panel.cfg I have also looked at and not seen about a weather radar gauge.

I have sent this information to Milviz. Bob thank you for taking the time to help me. I am very grateful for it.

I don't have this plane but I have an experience wiht aircraft crashes. Check the aircraft.cfg in the General section, atc_type and atc_model. Make sure, there are no spaces and minus used, like F-4J or "McDonnel Douglas". Use names without spaces an minus, ATC_Type=MCDONNELDOUGLAS and ATC_Model=F4. 

See list here:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?298488-Recognized-ATC-Airlines-Types-and-Models

It has to do with a .dll from Aerosoft used in Geneva scenery I think. They may have used it in other sceneries too. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thank you for the information. Here what i see.

[fltsim.0]
title=F-4E Edwards Test
sim= f4e_11
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Edwards Test
kb_checklists=Phantom_check
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=F-4E
ui_typerole="Twin Engine warbird"
ui_createdby="Milviz"
ui_type=    Milviz Phantom
ui_variation=F-4E Edwards Test
description=Milviz Phantom II
atc_id_color=0x00000000
visual_damage=0
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=F4E
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=00
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

slimes=0

[fltsim.1]
title=F-4F Richthofen
sim= f4e_11
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=Richthofen
kb_checklists=Phantom_check
kb_reference=
ui_manufacturer=F-4E
ui_typerole="Twin Engine warbird"
ui_createdby="Milviz"
ui_type=    Milviz Phantom
ui_variation=F-4F Richthofen
description=Milviz Phantom II
atc_id_color=0x00000000
visual_damage=0
atc_heavy=0
atc_id=F4E
atc_airline=
atc_flight_number=00
atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0

[deice_system]
structural_deice_type=0

[launch_assistance]
launch_bar_pivot= 18.6, 0.000, -2.04
launch_bar_lug= 19, 0.000, -2.1

[General]
Category=airplane

[autopilot]
autopilot_available = 0
flight_director_available = 0
default_vertical_speed = 000
autothrottle_available = 0
autothrottle_arming_required = 0
autothrottle_takeoff_ga = 0
autothrottle_max_rpm = 90
pitch_takeoff_ga = 8
max_pitch = 35
max_pitch_acceleration = 30
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt = 30
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt = 1.5
max_pitch_velocity_lo_alt_breakpoint = 20000
max_pitch_velocity_hi_alt_breakpoint = 28000
max_bank_acceleration = 0.0
max_bank_velocity = 0
max_throttle_rate = 0.1
nav_proportional_control = 10
nav_integrator_control = 3.25
nav_derivative_control = 3
nav_integrator_boundary = 12.5
nav_derivative_boundary = 0
gs_proportional_control = 9.52
gs_integrator_control = 0.26
gs_derivative_control = 0
gs_integrator_boundary = 0.7
gs_derivative_boundary = 0
yaw_damper_gain = 1
default_bank_mode= 1
default_pitch_mode =  1
yaw_slip_control_gain=0.000000
yaw_control_uses_trim=0.000000

Edited by Caribe

So no ATC_Type nor ATC_Model definitions in your case.

Does this plane use TrueGlass? There were problems with this too, leading to CTD. Check each time after CTD the event manager windows applications, if there was something noted. Sometimes it has an entry and sometimes not. Maybe the information helps further, if we get it.

I have seen in the past they had ctd with this file MV_F-4E_Sys.dll

You may want to check this, changing the extension to .off and then load the plane. You may need another installer then or another MV_F-4E_Sys.dll from Miliviz. 

windshield.dll is also a file well known to lead to CTD in conjunction with airplanes.

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Dont use TrueGlass.

I have two dll. Files in the Panel.cfg:
MV_F4_HW.dll
MV3DSound.dll
Haven't tested setting them to off yet.

I like the idea of installing another version. I looked at the windows event manager and did not see what to do with the Milviz F4 and P3D. I have sent milviz more information today and am waiting for a reply. I have other planes from Milviz and they work fine.
Thanks for the great help. Am very grateful about it.

Regards
Julio

P.S Ein Schweizer??? Viele Grüße aus Oberfranken. Vielen Dank für die Hilfe.

Edited by Caribe

10 minutes ago, Caribe said:

MV_F4_HW.dll
MV3DSound.dll

I have the MV3DSound.dll too in x different versions dated from 2017 to 2020 and never had a problem with the aircraft using it. I don´t have the MV_F4_HW.dll, as I don´t have this plane.

Try renaming it to .off and load the plane. If no CTD, then it´s this file, that needs to be replaced. Maybe there´s already an updated file in the Milviz specific forum for the F-4, since I read they had a problem with a similar file.

P.S. Googling the file does not bring up results. So it´s not an issue discussed in the internet. 

Edited by blaunarwal

Guys the Milviz F4 work fine again. Very happy about. Thank you so much for your great help and wish you all the best.
Regards
Julio Garcia