Sign in to follow this  
AUSTEO

PTA (Activation "Server Error")

Hi All,

I've been using PTA for years now, this has never happened to me before till yesterday. I opened up PTA v268 as normal and received the activation box, checked my key and it was right, so clicked activate and received the PTA activation Failed box with the current message " ERROR: activation failed: Server error".

I've tried everything from disabling my antivirus/firewall, to Run as Admin, triple checked my key again & even made a new PTA folder with fresh install with no luck.

I did notice the SimTweaks website down yesterday and now it's back up however once logged in I click on the download v268 and the page takes me too:

<Error>

<Code>UserProjectAccountProblem</Code>

<Message>The project to be billed is associated with a delinquent billing account.</Message>

<Details>The billing account for the owning project is disabled in state delinquent</Details>

</Error>

Any help or advice would be much appreciated,

Happy Flying,

Simo.

<Details>The billing account for the owning project is disabled

Yes, I can confirm the same exact scenario. it started out with the server error message, then I uninstalled it to see if that fixed the issue and now I cannot download from their website due to the same "delinquent" message.

I assume it's a broad issue on their end...

• Like 1

Hi Zaurislj25,

Hmm.... okay so it's not just me then, I'd thought maybe it was my end but with your similar experience you must be right and it's on their end.

I've sent Matt a PM about it incase he was unaware of the issue, finger's crossed the registration server & download can be fixed at some stage soon. 

Cheers for the reply mate,

Simo.

• Like 1

I have also sent him a message via their website "contact us" method. This seems, however, to happen every once in a while, judging by the other threads started in this forum for the past 2 years or so.

I'll update if I have any luck on my end.

cheers,

• Like 1

I had noticed afew threads over the years looking back about the same issue. 

Cheers for that, I'll do the same should anything change my end or I get a solution from Matt.

Simo.

Based on what I've read, they have effectively stopped supporting this addon a while back, and at some point PTA triggers the activation prompt which it cannot verify since the servers are no longer active. 

It really is a shame since I loved the way it worked! I am trying out RDshade but it just doesn't work anywhere near as well... Anyway.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.