Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Mapping Lighting Switches to Controller Switches

Hi all 

I am accumulating quite a bit of peripheral control hardware for my Sim Setup. My goal is to eventually have enough control mapped to hardware to do a flight without resorting to the mouse or keyboard. I also try to have my controllers mounted in a way that approximates the right/left hand ergonomics of the aircraft I'm flying. My current question is this...

How can I map the lighting controls of a given Aircraft Cockpit to hardware controller switches? I have look at the in sim (P3D 4.5) options and they are surprisingly limited in comparison to what most aircraft panels offer on screen. The most common I would want to map would be

Beacon, strobe, nav, taxi, landing

Strobe, landing, panel, all lights, and beacon in like several directions are available. I know there is a way. I often use the FSRadioPanel app and the lights on the switch panel page work correctly. I would like to learn how to do my own mapping to a switch panel.

Thanks

I would look at a program like spad.next.  I'm using it to control my various pieces of hardware and create aircraft specific profiles.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I considered perhaps a macro mapper like that. Could Linda or LUA do that as well?

Thanks