Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Boeing supplying parts for Airbus

Guest allblack

Hi all, just had an interesting chat with a friend of mine.I won't go into specifics, but late-yesterday he attended a meeting and in this meeting the point was raised by an airline executive that Boeing not only builds parts for Airbus, but 30% of Boeing's revenue comes directly from it's parts relationship with Airbus!I scoffed at this rather loudly, and the word "bollocks" cropped up more than once.Can anyone here confirm or deny? Someone's going to have egg on their face....CheersTimNZWN

Airbusses can be fitted with CFM engines in which Boeing is a shareholder.That's the only somewhat direct link between the two I'm aware of, though I'm sure there are many such links with one company holding a stake in a supplier of the other company.30% though seems extreme, that would imply Boeing selling quite a lot of aircraft to Airbus.

G'day Tim,I believe that Boeing (Australian Division) does make parts for Airbus. I recall reading that one such part was the radome for the A380. :-) Before Boeing bought out Hawker De Havilland I know that HdH was heavilly involved in "OFF-SET" manufacturing for MacDonnell - Douglas now also Boeing. It's quite possible that they are making some of the flight controls as well but I'm not certain of that. In a regional sense it's possible that 30% of Boeing (Aust) business is in supplying parts for Airbus but hard to believe on a world wide basis.Cheers,RogerCheers