Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

hello again!. (special liveries)

Hello, i would like to know if its possible to put the  ";# " characters for special liveries on the title of the ai plane that is special? I mean, on the -cfg archives, and not on the regcode folder "(non aig one). I never knew how to use it.  

I say this because i dont have AIGAIM ai planes, but i have done my own liveries (6000). 

I also find that the format re-number option was kindly essential when we are changing every day the liveries. I tried to find a software that could do this but never found. 

thank you very much for your help!:)

abraham.

2 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Hello, i would like to know if its possible to put the  ";# " characters for special liveries on the title of the ai plane that is special? I mean, on the -cfg archives, and not on the regcode folder "(non aig one). I never knew how to use it.  

I also find that the format re-number option was kindly essential when we are changing every day the liveries. I tried to find a software that could do this but never found. 

Regcode files are very easy to use. They are described in the Manual. If a title has only one regcode it will automatically be taken as being special.  If it has more than one regcode, all these regcodes are taken to be special if the line ends with ;#

I will not support ;# in the livery title if the [fltsim.x] section. The move I am making is to define as much as possible outside the aircraft.cfg file.

About renumbering, it is quite easy if you add a new fltsim.x section, do it at the end of the file and fill in the next free number. For the time being you can still use 31.10.1 to do it for you, until I have finished a special tool for it.

Edited by kiek

4 hours ago, kiek said:

Regcode files are very easy to use. They are described in the Manual. If a title has only one regcode it will automatically be taken as being special.  If it has more than one regcode, all these regcodes are taken to be special if the line ends with ;#

I will not support ;# in the livery title if the [fltsim.x] section. The move I am making is to define as much as possible outside the aircraft.cfg file.

About renumbering, it is quite easy if you add a new fltsim.x section, do it at the end of the file and fill in the next free number. For the time being you can still use 31.10.1 to do it for you, until I have finished a special tool for it.

Ok. Thank you very much!:)

15 hours ago, abranpuko said:

I say this because i dont have AIGAIM ai planes, but i have done my own liveries (6000). 

I'm in the same situation on my P3D setup (even though I mostly use AIG and MSFS nowadays), where I literally had thousands of manually assigned reg-codes. I found it very laborsome to edit the cfg-files, and also prone to errors. Now, you don't need AIG setup to use regcode-files, as a matter of fact I think it's so much easier to edit when everything is done in one file, or one file per airline, instead of manually editing hundreds of aircraft-cfg files.

(Also, the first time regcode-files was introduced in PSXT, did it not generate a regcodefile from all your atc_id fields, to get you going?)

Edited by vhaaland

I understand your situation.
In my case, when I add a library, I put it in the "cfg" file and then let PSXT update it and even put the title in quotes.
Kiek is somewhat right, I can do it myself at the end of each FLTSIM.
The only problem is that I will no longer be able to alphabetize the libraries as before. This makes it more difficult to find and group them.

My bookstores have:
the airline folder and within it many subfolders, each with a different registration.

thank you anyway!