Sign in to follow this  
borisvp

Linda not working for MSFS PMDG737

Hi,

I have Linda 4.1.5.289 and FSUIPC 7.7.3 installed, and everything shows green and sync'd to sim. But Linda does not control anything in the aircraft. I started Linda well after starting the flight.

Do I need to edit fsuipc.ini as described in the topic in the download forum? And if so, do I also need the WASM module for FSUIPC? Or should it also work without the edit and something else is missing?

Regards

Boris

All of the settings listed under LINDA 4.1.5 and PMDG737 Module downloads should be carried out. WASM is installed as part of FSUIPC7 but the edits to FSUIPC7.ini are needed. Additionally the recommended start up sequence should be followed.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks, would try, but I don't have an FSUIPC-WASM.ini

Where does that come from? Latest versions are installed.

Boris

In the Community/fsuipc-lvar-module folder

rgds Søren

Søren Rasmussen

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 5Ghz | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ti 11Gb| MoBo: ASUS | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit ver. 1709 | RAM: 32GB 4 x 8GB Corsair | HD:  1 Samsung SSD 840 Pro 500GB, 1 Samsung SSD 850 Pro 500GB, 1 Seagate 2TB SATA | Monitor: 1 BenQ 24" | Resolution: 1920x1080x32, Maximized Window Mode | Sims: P3Dv4.4 Professional, FSX SP2 | Other Add-Ons: FSUIPC v5, FSL A320x, PMDG 737, PMDG 744 QUOTSII, PMDG 777, Navigraph NavData & charts

Found it, thanks.

I set everything as described, but it still doesn't work. I found out that none of the Preset:PMDG events work in FSUIPC either, when I assign it there.

Linda does work, however, for Default MSFS and MSFS Controls, for example for flaps and gear.

Could that be an issue with the FSUIPC/Linda install location? I have it in an external addon folder and linked with the Addons Linker. But it does work apart from that, just not for the PMDG.

Boris

@borisvp the LINDA PMDG737 for MSFS module does not use any external presets or events. It only uses Lvars and the FSUIPC Control Rotor Brake as per previous PMDG releases.

The FSUIPC7 folder should normally be installed independent of MSFS ideally in a root directory (eg. F:/FSUIPC7). LINDA and any aircraft modules should be installed inside this folder. I don’t like statements that ‘LINDA is not working’ as this is rarely the case.

Please read the notes I published yesterday (top of LINDA Support). It is essential that the Lvars are correct for the loaded aircraft. If this does not help please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure and email me the logs.

Edited by ScotFlieger
  • Upvote 1

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Thanks to the combined support by you and John Dowson I got it working now. As you state it, it's not as easy as it was with P3D...

The error was most likely that I missed to activate WASM within FSUIPC. I take from your explanations that presets/events work parallel to Linda, as both refer to the same varables, and both need WASM. Now both methods are working.

Regarding your "Linda not working" note - I probably better had called it PMDG not working with Linda, but my statement was the combination of both. I'm not a programmer; I consider myself an advanced user. I do read portions of documentation which affect my specific question or problem. But I'm doing this as a hobby - I have neither time nor motivation  to read through hundreds of pages of documents to find the (mostly quite short) section I need. If that's a prerequisite, I might want to look for a different hobby. But I think that's what forums are for 🙂

Thanks again.

Boris

@borisvp I am pleased you have things working correctly. I too expect things to work out of the box but for MSFS this is not always the case.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK