Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot58

Fenix A320 EFB "UNABLE TO CONNECT" Message

I started MSFS 2020 today for a short flight in the Fenix A320. I went to work on the EFB and it was displaying a Triangle icon with exclamation and the following message "UNABLE TO CONNECT" and text saying please check fenix.exe is running (which it was) and your antivirus software is not blocking it.

Long story short I have been through quite a few combinations of Virus exceptions and even turning my virus off. Changing the file permissions of Fenix.exe and flightsimulator.exe to run as admin. A reinstall of both MSFS 2020 and Fenix (Multiple times) and a empty of the community folder to no avail. Checking the firewall is off for both Fenix and flightsim, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or might have experienced this before. 

I have had Fenix installed from day 1 and experienced no problems. I have not installed anything new on my PC or messed about with MSFS 2020 since I last used it (Couple days ago). I did suspect virus software could be the cause (new updates) but with no virus messages poping up and turning the virus software off the problem still persists.

Go to their Discord page and post your problem, you will get a quick answer most likely.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, pcpilot58 said:

I started MSFS 2020 today for a short flight in the Fenix A320. I went to work on the EFB and it was displaying a Triangle icon with exclamation and the following message "UNABLE TO CONNECT" and text saying please check fenix.exe is running (which it was) and your antivirus software is not blocking it.

Long story short I have been through quite a few combinations of Virus exceptions and even turning my virus off. Changing the file permissions of Fenix.exe and flightsimulator.exe to run as admin. A reinstall of both MSFS 2020 and Fenix (Multiple times) and a empty of the community folder to no avail. Checking the firewall is off for both Fenix and flightsim, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or might have experienced this before. 

I have had Fenix installed from day 1 and experienced no problems. I have not installed anything new on my PC or messed about with MSFS 2020 since I last used it (Couple days ago). I did suspect virus software could be the cause (new updates) but with no virus messages poping up and turning the virus software off the problem still persists.

Are we talking about the EFB external? or in MSFS (in case of external did you check the permission on your windows firewall?)

André

13 hours ago, pcpilot58 said:

had  a  simliar   issue  the other  day  started   the  sim  and  after loading  the  fenix  app   still had  the  spinning  blue  circle  even  thought  the  aircraft  loaded ok,  shut  down the  sim  started  the  fenix  app  first  let it  run   all signed  in  exit  out  again   and  started  the  sim  again with no  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 hours ago, awf said:

Are we talking about the EFB external? or in MSFS (in case of external did you check the permission on your windows firewall?)

I was talking about both.

It has been resolved now 🙂. I had tried many things related to virus checkers and firewall  settings etc etc with no luck. I did get in touch with Fenxi support who were really quick to respond (very impressed). The suggestion from support was to run MSFS 2020 as administrator, which I had tried several times including running fenix.exe as administrator in different combinations without success.

I went back to my PC did a general tdy up of the registry and defraggedd it and once more set just msfs 2020 to run as administrator and the EFB worked both locally and remotely. I suspect it probably has nothing to do with my registry tidy and more to do with setting MSFS 2020 to run as administrator yet anothert ime.

Thanks for the comments suggestions.

Great to hear you have found the solution enjoy the virtual skies appreciated the feedback.

Edited by awf

André