Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

In MSFS You're Not A Person, You're A Camera

Well, judging from some of the reactions you'd think I suggested removing one of Jörg Neumann's kidneys.😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I don't really see it as a high priority, but I don't find it strange that someone would like their pilot to occupy physical space in the sim so they can walk around and inspect stuff as a digital person.  If it helps with immersion, then it's worth considering.

Again - not at the top of my TO DO list, but no harm in putting it on there either.

Especially in VR. Half Life Alyx does it very well. You would think having only hands ruins immersion, but it is quite the opposite, since the janky arms are worse. I don't know who good hand tracking is supported, but I think about getting the Pimax Crystal that has it and that could be pretty cool combined with my warthog.

Motion trackers on the body could also remove some of the jank of the body movement. A simple thing that could be done is starting from a parked plane in the hangar and loading in boxes of cargo yourself into the plane when using Onair or something like that. This could also influence the CG of the plane depending on how you load it all up. Or opening the doors with you hands and better animated passengers getting in and sitting down. Again, there are far more important things atm, but this could one day be done.