Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

The main reason to buy payware planes in 2 simple words

If the plane is well modelled all you need is a copy of the real world POH.

That said, I work for a software company and getting developers to write documentation has them reacting like you are dragging them over hot coals.  They would much rather be programming some shiny new feature.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, robert young said:

I've poured over thousands of pages of so many sim aircraft over the years, and they still flew rather badly. It has become a kind of false bragging right. So many "manuals" are just elongated technical manuals, some of which are useful but others are a substitute for actual sim quality. 

With your G36 Turbo Mod, the default Turbo G36 plane, the "G-CARL", no longer vibrates as much (if at all) internally and externally.  In the Mod's documentation or guide there is mention of the "elimination of artificial movement not related to landscape or air mass" and the "elimination of random twitchy behaviour in non-turbulent conditions".  I'm kinda curious since it is mentioned as a main feature in the documentation now. However, a couple of years ago I thought I saw an A2A video demonstrating a plane vibrating (when viewed externally), which was a feature to be desired in FSX and P3D but was difficult to implement. 

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

10 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

If the plane is well modelled all you need is a copy of the real world POH.

That said, I work for a software company and getting developers to write documentation has them reacting like you are dragging them over hot coals.  They would much rather be programming some shiny new feature.

I've been trying to figure out exactly what a 'bus tie' does in the Cessna Longitude. I found two checklists. One say to leave it open, the other to keep it close. Can't find the POH.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Yeah the Citation Longitude POH is copyright and $600 to buy from Textron which may explain why they are not providing free ones with the game.

I could not see much online about the Longitude electrical system specifically but did find a few docs about other Citation which are likely similar:

https://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Cessna_Citation_Sovereign-Electrical.pdf

https://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/Cessna_Citation_Jet-Electrical.pdf

I suspect the bus tie is only used in startup or in an emergency when the alternator on one side has failed.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

To the OP: Get out of town!

sp

Lol. In the age of the pandemic, this is what happens when you do a LOT of business travel in your prior life:

spacer.png

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

14 hours ago, bofhlusr said:

With your G36 Turbo Mod, the default Turbo G36 plane, the "G-CARL", no longer vibrates as much (if at all) internally and externally.  In the Mod's documentation or guide there is mention of the "elimination of artificial movement not related to landscape or air mass" and the "elimination of random twitchy behaviour in non-turbulent conditions".  I'm kinda curious since it is mentioned as a main feature in the documentation now. However, a couple of years ago I thought I saw an A2A video demonstrating a plane vibrating (when viewed externally), which was a feature to be desired in FSX and P3D but was difficult to implement. 

I can't really help on this. I never set up an artificial vibration, so if there is or isn't one, it must be something Asobo has changed globally.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page