Sign in to follow this  

Hello,

I have the licensed version of Axis and Ohs and am trying to make it work with X Touch Mini. I am unable to assign any of the buttons or rotary dials in Axis and Ohs when setting up new buttons. Under Hardware, Show midi devices, I do see the X Touch mini listed (see image attached). But when I try to assign a new button, I cannot assign any events to the mini. I also do not see it listed under the listed devices (see image attached). 

Sorry, I do not see any way to attach images. I have a jpg, not a url.

"Hardware->MIDI devices enabled" is checked ON?

What does "I am unable to assign" mean exactly? What are you trying to do, and how are you doing it? In most of these cases the problem was that users were expecting the device to show up in the "Devices" dropdown - but that is not how AAO works. You just click on the green "+" to open the "Add Button" dialog, and then immediately press the button/rotate the dial on the external device. If AAO can see it, it will show up in the assignment box.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you for your response. Yes, you were right, I was expecting to select the x touch from the drop-down.

I now tried it your way: click on the green button, rotate one of the knobs - nothing.

I then tried selecting a plane event before rotating the knob. Nothing.

Under hardware, enable midi devices is checked.

Under show Midi devices the x touch is listed both under in (id 1) and midi out (id 3)

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, hansdoreleyers said:

Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Sorry, no idea. This logic is usually very reliable, you are the first person ever to report trouble like this. 

Is the device itself set up correctly, does it even send MIDI messages? You can check that with any MIDI related program. And you may need the Behringer X-Touch editor to verify the internal settings.

LORBY-SI

I believe I have found my issue. When I click add, in the Assigned button/key field there is a default selection (POV<>0 DIR<>0) When I click the exclamation mark next to it, it increments to POV<1> etc. If I keep clicking until the field is blank and then rotate/click on the x-touch, the event registers properly. I think this field should be blank by default. This issue is not described in the manual, and it is pure luck I stumbled on this.

14 minutes ago, hansdoreleyers said:

I believe I have found my issue. When I click add, in the Assigned button/key field there is a default selection (POV<>0 DIR<>0) When I click the exclamation mark next to it, it increments to POV<1> etc. If I keep clicking until the field is blank and then rotate/click on the x-touch, the event registers properly. I think this field should be blank by default. This issue is not described in the manual, and it is pure luck I stumbled on this.

The field is supposed to be empty, there is no "default selection". The "Device" box too btw.

This sounds like you have a joystick with a stuck/repeating button? Could be a virtual device too.

When you see the "POV" thing, click on the orange exclamation mark next to the "Device" box, this ignores the entire Device that is shown there - which should be the stuck one. Then you should be able to operate your MIDI device.

If this is not a real joystick and if you are not planning to use it, go to "Hardware->Device Blacklist" and "Ignore" it. Restart AAO afterwards.

Just be aware that something on your computer or attached to it is obviously generating a massive amount of POV button events (point of view, usually a hat switch). You should investigate that, it can't be good.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

It turned out that it was the virtual joystick. In fact there were two. I never use them so I blacklisted them as you suggested. There are no profiles attached to them in MSFS and I would delete them if I could. In any event, all is working. Thanks for your help.